What are some alternatives to Bluefish for web design on Windows?

• Thread starter K29
  • Start date
In summary, Sublime Text is a popular alternative to Bluefish, offering a user-friendly interface and powerful features. It is compatible with all operating systems and offers similar features to Bluefish, with the addition of split editing, distraction-free mode, and package control. While it offers a free trial version, a license must be purchased for continued use at a cost of $80 for individuals and $30 for students. Sublime Text also allows for customization through themes, plugins, and custom shortcuts and key bindings.
K29
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this,
I'm extremely happy using Bluefish on my Linux machine for webdesign scripts(html, php etc) But can anyone recommend a free Windows equivalent. "Bluefish for Windows" is not happy as I'm running and need the latest gtk, and Bluefish doesn't like it.

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Ok been using crimson for a week and its quite good.
Thanks

1. What is an alternative to Bluefish?

An alternative to Bluefish is a text editor called Sublime Text. It is a popular choice among developers and offers a user-friendly interface with powerful features.

2. Is Sublime Text compatible with all operating systems?

Yes, Sublime Text is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.

3. How does Sublime Text compare to Bluefish in terms of features?

Both Sublime Text and Bluefish offer similar features such as syntax highlighting, auto-completion, and multiple language support. However, Sublime Text also offers features like split editing, distraction-free mode, and package control.

4. Is Sublime Text a free software?

No, Sublime Text offers a free trial version with no time limit. However, for continued use, a license must be purchased. The cost of a license is $80 for an individual and $30 for a student license.

5. Can I customize Sublime Text to fit my needs?

Yes, Sublime Text allows for customization through the use of themes and plugins. Users can also create their own shortcuts and key bindings.