1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alternative to Gardner Tube Viscosity Measurement

  1. Nov 29, 2011 #1


    User Avatar

    I am currently using garder tubes to measure the viscosity of a material (mainly adhesives and some wax) in the process of manufacturing newtonian as well as non-newtonian materials. I am looking for an alternative method that is less qualatative in an attempt to decrease the defects per million opportunities as well as capture the data in some sort of software. The cone and plate viscometers have been researched and don't work well for us due to a very fine film that accumulates over a small amount of time. I am looking into a m-vroc by RheoSense does anyone have any experience with this? Do you have an alternative?
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted