Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Alternatives for oil

1. Feb 21, 2006 #1
    I've been given the task to explore the alternatives that could replace oil in a distant future for energy purposes. I'm clueless as it is so I came here to ask what are the possible perspectives so i can have a clue.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2006 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

That's a big question and one that I think requires you to do some research (that's probably the whole point of the assignment). What have you come up with so far?

4. Feb 21, 2006 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There have been several threads discussing this topic. Do a forum search on alternative energy.

5. Feb 21, 2006 #4
    There are many alternatives. These include wind power, solar, nuclear, geothermal, advanced hydro, plant oils and others. Most of these technologies(on their basic levels) are not new at all, rather, the increasing price of petroleum based fuels have given the "alternatives" much more attention, research and potential viability.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?