Alton Brown Quickies: Good Taste, Pepper Ball & Feasting on Asphalt

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
CookieIn summary, Alton Brown's clips showcase his humor and love for food. He shares tips on making a pepper ball and using a cake turntable. He also talks about feasting on asphalt and his appearance on Lettermen, where he discusses hot pickles and his love for oatmeal cookies.
Physics news on Phys.org
Lol, I have got to try the cake turntable! That was great.

Alton Brown is hilarious, I love Good Eats! :rofl:

Evo said:
Some Alton Brown clips.

On Lettermen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DznKjP7p4-A&NR=1
That's great. I have to try this stuff. :biggrin:

Where does one get hot pickles? I've had pickle relish with chopped jalapeños. I suppose I could just add a few tsp of Dave's Insanity to a jar of pickles.

This is a great idea. I have to try this the next time I'm on the road.
Good Eats Moment - Mr Oatmeal

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Alton Brown Quickies"?

"Alton Brown Quickies" is a series of short cooking videos featuring celebrity chef Alton Brown. These videos cover a variety of topics, including good taste, pepper ball, and feasting on asphalt.

2. What does "good taste" refer to in "Alton Brown Quickies"?

In "Alton Brown Quickies", "good taste" refers to the overall flavor and quality of food. Alton Brown shares tips and techniques for cooking and seasoning food to achieve the best taste possible.

3. What is a "pepper ball" in "Alton Brown Quickies"?

A "pepper ball" is a kitchen tool used to grind and dispense pepper. In one episode of "Alton Brown Quickies", Alton Brown demonstrates how to use a pepper ball to add freshly ground pepper to dishes.

4. What is "Feasting on Asphalt" in "Alton Brown Quickies"?

"Feasting on Asphalt" is a TV show hosted by Alton Brown, where he travels across America on his motorcycle in search of the best food and culinary experiences. In "Alton Brown Quickies", he shares some of his favorite moments and recipes from the show.

5. Are "Alton Brown Quickies" suitable for all levels of cooking experience?

Yes, "Alton Brown Quickies" are designed for all levels of cooking experience. Alton Brown breaks down complex cooking techniques into easy-to-follow steps, making them accessible to beginners and experienced cooks alike.