I use 6061-T6 in a lot of general applications. I have never had a problem with it accepting a surface coating, but I can't remember off the top of my head if I have ever had to have something in aluminum chromed.
If you went with that alloy/temper combo, I don't think you would have any issues at all.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving