Always dreamed of travelling somewhere?

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
In summary, Evo has always been very interested in traveling and has dreamed of traveling to many different places around the world. After watching a documentary on Tibet, she would like to visit China.
quddusaliquddus
Have you always (ever since you can remember ... ) dreamed of traveling somewhere? Around the world? ... or to Machu Pichu?...or perhaps to the Great Wall of China ? ... or somewhere else ?...

Physics news on Phys.org
I've always been very interested in English and Chinese history. I was able to live my dream of traveling to England. I visited as many historical sites as I could - not just the tourist traps. Though I must say, they make a pretty damn fine tourist trap over there.

China would be more difficult. I don't speak the language for one thing, and now, I'm married and have 2 kids. Maybe when I retire I'll see the Great Wall and the terra cotta army.

Njorl

Japan, definitely. I just love the country. It's culture, history, everything. I wouldn't mind if I had to move there.

After seeing a few documentaries on Tibet, I would like to go there. I'd also like to visit China. I've been to Japan and Thailand, it was fascinating.

What bothered me about Thailand was the contrast of poverty and wealth. In Bangkok, people actually live on the street medians, leaning pieces of tin against the guardrails for their "home". They're too poor to have individual cookfires and normally congregate around a single metal barrel to cook their communal meal.

Sounds like you have an anthropological streak in you Evo :D

I watched 7 Years in Tibet the other night - it was amazing how they turned Bradd Pitt's character around from a sterotype to basically a human being - more amazing is the beautiful country.
Oh yeag..about the contrast ... it's good right?...better than uniform poverty don't you think? :D

Alaska on Summer Solstice! Ireland, Thailand, Japan, Hawaii, Virginia, Montana, Louisiana...

Lol @ Kerrie

America! yay. I've been there before but I've always wanted to go to a real live rodeo. U know where the guy sits on this insane bull and tries to stay on it as long as possible... it seems pretty fun to watch. I'd also like one of those spiffy cowboy hats...

I want to go to brazil, coz i heard the vibe over there is excellent. U guyz have to go to hongkong and korea. Those to places are amazin if u love shopping! If u want to go to a beautiful island with white asndy beaches and a friendly fun atmosphere pick Sri Lanka! Those beaches are just out of this world.

Last edited:
When you mentioned HongKong the first thing that came into my mind is great place to shop.

I'd love to visit Japan, and buy all the anime toys, videos, games and robots I can get!

Anywhere. Everywhere.

The_Professional said:
I'd love to visit Japan, and buy all the anime toys, videos, games and robots I can get!

I totally agree, but for me, I'd also do things connected with their culture. Visit some shrines and temples, check out some martial arts dojos, and visit some historical places and buildings.

I was able to soak up the sights on three of the Hawaiian islands. I was not able to go to Kauai as planned, because Hurricane Iniki had just messed it up and aircraft were not being allowed to land there. One of these days I'll get there.

There is a volcano called Stromboli off the coast of Italy which is said to be actively spritzing fiery ash up into the air a good fraction of the time. I would get a kick out of seeing that.

Chrono said:
I totally agree, but for me, I'd also do things connected with their culture. Visit some shrines and temples, check out some martial arts dojos, and visit some historical places and buildings.

Yes I agree, I failed to mention that but it's also something on the back of my mind. Visiting ancient buddhist temples and dojos would be quite an experience.

Janitor said:
There is a volcano called Stromboli off the coast of Italy which is said to be actively spritzing fiery ash up into the air a good fraction of the time. I would get a kick out of seeing that.

Heh. I love Stromboli (they are an Italian food, like a pizza crust, filled with good stuff and folded over and baked). I remember I used to only be able to get them in South Philadelphia. Twenty-five tears ago they spread to the whole Philly area. About 5 years ago somebody started selling them here in DC. Anybody else get Stromboli where you live?

Njorl

I've never tried Stromboli but there's plenty of that here in NY

I would love to visit the Australian outback or New Zealand.

I'd like to go to Heaven, but I don't have a chance in Hell.

1. Where is the best place to travel to?

The best place to travel to depends on personal preferences and interests. Some people may prefer beach destinations, while others may want to explore historical sites. It is important to research and plan ahead to find the perfect destination for your dream trip.

2. How can I make my dream trip affordable?

There are a few ways to make your dream trip more affordable. You can try to travel during off-peak seasons, use travel rewards points or credit card rewards, and look for deals and discounts. It is also helpful to set a budget and stick to it while planning your trip.

3. Is it safe to travel to certain countries?

It is always important to research and stay informed about the safety and political climate of your desired destination. The US Department of State provides travel advisories for different countries, and it is recommended to follow their guidelines and exercise caution while travelling.

4. How can I make the most out of my trip?

To make the most out of your trip, it is important to plan ahead and research the must-see attractions and activities of your destination. It can also be beneficial to talk to locals or hire a tour guide to get a more authentic experience. Be open-minded and try new things to fully immerse yourself in the culture.

5. What should I pack for my dream trip?

Packing for a dream trip can be overwhelming, but it is important to pack essentials such as comfortable walking shoes, appropriate clothing for the weather and activities, necessary documents and medications. It is also recommended to pack lightly and leave room for souvenirs and gifts.