Am I Confusing?

  • Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date

Lisa!

Gold Member
601
90
Some of you have told me you have trouble to understand me most of time! :uhh: I had never this problem in other sites.We always understand each other and when they reply to my posts, it's obvious that they do understand me.
Please tell me what's wrong with my posts that you can't understand what I meanI want to solve the problem if I can!I have to leave here if I can't!
Sometimes when I talk to people face to face, they ask me to explain more but It doen't happen very often.
(I hope you understand this post! :grumpy: )
 

Pengwuino

Gold Member
4,854
14
Well you see, the reason ice floats in water is that it becomes less dense. Less dense materials float upwards. I hope this answers your question.
 

wolram

Gold Member
4,223
551
Lisa! said:
Some of you have told me you have trouble to understand me most of time! :uhh: I had never this problem in other sites.We always understand each other and when they reply to my posts, it's obvious that they do understand me.
Please tell me what's wrong with my posts that you can't understand what I meanI want to solve the problem if I can!I have to leave here if I can't!
Sometimes when I talk to people face to face, they ask me to explain more but It doen't happen very often.
(I hope you understand this post! :grumpy: )
For some one from another galaxy your very good at communicating to us
earthlings :biggrin: As for those that don't understand you, try sign language.
Seriously though i have no probs under standing U.
 

Lisa!

Gold Member
601
90
wolram said:
For some one from another galaxy your very good at communicating to us
earthlings :biggrin: As for those that don't understand you, try sign language.
Seriously though i have no probs under standing U.
:grumpy: :grumpy: :devil: :biggrin:
 

JamesU

Gold Member
732
3
just sometimes. you're doing well right now.
 
113
1
What's your native language??
 

JamesU

Gold Member
732
3
lisa!nian...
 

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,349
51
Lisa! said:
Some of you have told me you have trouble to understand me most of time! :uhh: I had never this problem in other sites.We always understand each other and when they reply to my posts, it's obvious that they do understand me.
Please tell me what's wrong with my posts that you can't understand what I meanI want to solve the problem if I can!I have to leave here if I can't!
Sometimes when I talk to people face to face, they ask me to explain more but It doen't happen very often.
(I hope you understand this post! :grumpy: )
Well, this one I can understand, but there have been other posts that I really don't understand. Since you ask, the word order in your sentences are not standard English, so I've been assuming you are not a native English speaker. Most of the time I can mentally sort out what you meant to say, but not all the time. When I really can't understand, though, I'm not sure it's your grammar that's the problem, but that the thoughts seem incomplete, like you assume we all know already what you're thinking, so you jump right to the punchline without any set-up.

Some simple things will make your posts more readable, like putting spaces between the punctuation marks at the end of a sentence (and always including the punctuation marks so we know a sentence has ended) and not abbreviating words. Sometimes even the native English speakers need to remember this because even a common abbreviation may not be known to someone who is not a native English speaker.
 

Lisa!

Gold Member
601
90

Lisa!

Gold Member
601
90
yomamma;I answer your question in this thread. :wink:

'sth' = 'something'
'esp.'= 'especially'
'coz' = 'because'

And I meant we're always waiting for tomorrow to make a change in our life, but we should change whatever we want just right now!
 
1,120
7
I'm confused?

I wonder why you don't respond to some of the questions raised in the thread you started?
 
Last edited:

Danger

Gold Member
9,564
244

wolram

Gold Member
4,223
551
Lisa! said:
yomamma;I answer your question in this thread. :wink:

'sth' = 'something'
'esp.'= 'especially'
'coz' = 'because'

And I meant we're always waiting for tomorrow to make a change in our life, but we should change whatever we want just right now!
Don't worry Lisa, coz we know u is sth esp cool, is this universal translator working? :biggrin:
 
You are sometimes. Your post here was easily understandable. Sometimes I get the impression that you are really hyper and type what ever comes to mind very quickly with out much thought.
Don't worry about leaving or anything like that. I've come across people both here and elsewhere that are for more confusing than you have ever been.
Also, alot of us like you and would be sad to see you go. :smile:
 

Lisa!

Gold Member
601
90
Moonbear said:
Well, this one I can understand, but there have been other posts that I really don't understand. Since you ask, the word order in your sentences are not standard English, so I've been assuming you are not a native English speaker. Most of the time I can mentally sort out what you meant to say, but not all the time. When I really can't understand, though, I'm not sure it's your grammar that's the problem, but that the thoughts seem incomplete, like you assume we all know already what you're thinking, so you jump right to the punchline without any set-up.
Thanks.You're right. :smile:
hypatia said:
I wonder why don't...
If you say A, you'll have to continue till Z! :wink:
 

Lisa!

Gold Member
601
90
Danger said:
On so many levels... :biggrin:
Not as much as you are! :wink:

wolram said:
Don't worry Lisa...
I'm looking for an abbreviation for your name! :devil: :biggrin:



TheStatutoryApe said:
You are sometimes. Your post here was easily understandable. Sometimes I get the impression that you are really hyper and type what ever comes to mind very quickly with out much thought.
Don't worry about leaving or anything like that. I've come across people both here and elsewhere that are for more confusing than you have ever been.
Also, alot of us like you and would be sad to see you go. :smile:
You're always nico to me. :smile:
 

JamesU

Gold Member
732
3
*-*-* :smile: a happy ending :smile: *-*-*​
 
1,120
7
Yep Lisa, its all ok. Actually the way you write, reminds me of someone very near and dear to my heart.
 

Lisa!

Gold Member
601
90
hypatia said:
Yep Lisa, its all ok. Actually the way you write, reminds me of someone very near and dear to my heart.
I'm so lucky! :smile:
 

JamesU

Gold Member
732
3
ppppffft!!
 

*Kia*

Gold Member
18
0
I type different ways in different forums.
Here I tend to type each word out completely.
On my site I also do the same.
However, in THG or GO I use a lot of "common" abbreviations and type more like I speak. :confused:
No matter where I am it is hard to type with a huge white cat paw stretched across my keyboard. :grumpy:

I also have a soft touch keyboard and sometimes I touch so soft I don't realise it and end up with missing letters from words. :yuck:
 

Related Threads for: Am I Confusing?

  • Posted
Replies
14
Views
5K
Replies
23
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
6
Views
2K
Replies
1
Views
477
Replies
29
Views
3K
  • Posted
Replies
6
Views
1K
Replies
1
Views
359
  • Posted
Replies
6
Views
1K

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads

Top