Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Am I Confusing?

1. Jul 19, 2005 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

Some of you have told me you have trouble to understand me most of time! :uhh: I had never this problem in other sites.We always understand each other and when they reply to my posts, it's obvious that they do understand me.
    Please tell me what's wrong with my posts that you can't understand what I meanI want to solve the problem if I can!I have to leave here if I can't!
    Sometimes when I talk to people face to face, they ask me to explain more but It doen't happen very often.
    (I hope you understand this post! :grumpy: )

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Well you see, the reason ice floats in water is that it becomes less dense. Less dense materials float upwards. I hope this answers your question.

4. Jul 19, 2005 #3

wolram

Gold Member

For some one from another galaxy your very good at communicating to us
    earthlings :biggrin: As for those that don't understand you, try sign language.
    Seriously though i have no probs under standing U.

5. Jul 19, 2005 #4

Lisa!

Gold Member

:grumpy: :grumpy: :devil: :biggrin:

6. Jul 19, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

just sometimes. you're doing well right now.

7. Jul 19, 2005 #6
    What's your native language??

8. Jul 19, 2005 #7

JamesU

Gold Member

lisa!nian...

9. Jul 19, 2005 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, this one I can understand, but there have been other posts that I really don't understand. Since you ask, the word order in your sentences are not standard English, so I've been assuming you are not a native English speaker. Most of the time I can mentally sort out what you meant to say, but not all the time. When I really can't understand, though, I'm not sure it's your grammar that's the problem, but that the thoughts seem incomplete, like you assume we all know already what you're thinking, so you jump right to the punchline without any set-up.

Some simple things will make your posts more readable, like putting spaces between the punctuation marks at the end of a sentence (and always including the punctuation marks so we know a sentence has ended) and not abbreviating words. Sometimes even the native English speakers need to remember this because even a common abbreviation may not be known to someone who is not a native English speaker.

10. Jul 19, 2005 #9

Lisa!

Gold Member

:rofl: Lisa!nian not lisa!nian!

11. Jul 19, 2005 #10

Lisa!

Gold Member

yomamma;I answer your question in this thread. :wink:

'sth' = 'something'
    'esp.'= 'especially'
    'coz' = 'because'

And I meant we're always waiting for tomorrow to make a change in our life, but we should change whatever we want just right now!

12. Jul 19, 2005 #11
    I'm confused?

I wonder why you don't respond to some of the questions raised in the thread you started?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2005
  13. Jul 19, 2005 #12

Danger

Gold Member

On so many levels... :biggrin:

14. Jul 19, 2005 #13

wolram

Gold Member

Don't worry Lisa, coz we know u is sth esp cool, is this universal translator working? :biggrin:

15. Jul 19, 2005 #14
    You are sometimes. Your post here was easily understandable. Sometimes I get the impression that you are really hyper and type what ever comes to mind very quickly with out much thought.
    Don't worry about leaving or anything like that. I've come across people both here and elsewhere that are for more confusing than you have ever been.
    Also, alot of us like you and would be sad to see you go. :smile:

16. Jul 20, 2005 #15

Lisa!

Gold Member

Thanks.You're right. :smile:
    If you say A, you'll have to continue till Z! :wink:

17. Jul 20, 2005 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

Not as much as you are! :wink:

I'm looking for an abbreviation for your name! :devil: :biggrin:

You're always nico to me. :smile:

18. Jul 20, 2005 #17

JamesU

Gold Member

*-*-* :smile: a happy ending :smile: *-*-*​

19. Jul 20, 2005 #18
    Yep Lisa, its all ok. Actually the way you write, reminds me of someone very near and dear to my heart.

20. Jul 20, 2005 #19

Lisa!

Gold Member

I'm so lucky! :smile:

21. Jul 20, 2005 #20

JamesU

Gold Member

ppppffft!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?