Trouble Understanding Me? Let's Solve the Problem!

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of some users having trouble understanding the speaker's posts. The speaker is open to feedback and wants to improve their communication. Some users have suggested that the speaker's sentence structure and use of abbreviations may contribute to the confusion. However, the speaker is determined to make a change in their communication style and is grateful for the support of other users.
Lisa!
Gold Member
Some of you have told me you have trouble to understand me most of time! :uhh: I had never this problem in other sites.We always understand each other and when they reply to my posts, it's obvious that they do understand me.
Please tell me what's wrong with my posts that you can't understand what I meanI want to solve the problem if I can!I have to leave here if I can't!
Sometimes when I talk to people face to face, they ask me to explain more but It doen't happen very often.
(I hope you understand this post! :grumpy: )

Physics news on Phys.org
Well you see, the reason ice floats in water is that it becomes less dense. Less dense materials float upwards. I hope this answers your question.

Lisa! said:
Some of you have told me you have trouble to understand me most of time! :uhh: I had never this problem in other sites.We always understand each other and when they reply to my posts, it's obvious that they do understand me.
Please tell me what's wrong with my posts that you can't understand what I meanI want to solve the problem if I can!I have to leave here if I can't!
Sometimes when I talk to people face to face, they ask me to explain more but It doen't happen very often.

For some one from another galaxy your very good at communicating to us
earthlings :biggrin: As for those that don't understand you, try sign language.
Seriously though i have no probs under standing U.

wolram said:
For some one from another galaxy your very good at communicating to us
earthlings :biggrin: As for those that don't understand you, try sign language.
Seriously though i have no probs under standing U.
:grumpy: :grumpy: :devil: :biggrin:

just sometimes. you're doing well right now.

What's your native language??

lisa!nian...

Lisa! said:
Well, this one I can understand, but there have been other posts that I really don't understand. Since you ask, the word order in your sentences are not standard English, so I've been assuming you are not a native English speaker. Most of the time I can mentally sort out what you meant to say, but not all the time. When I really can't understand, though, I'm not sure it's your grammar that's the problem, but that the thoughts seem incomplete, like you assume we all know already what you're thinking, so you jump right to the punchline without any set-up.

Some simple things will make your posts more readable, like putting spaces between the punctuation marks at the end of a sentence (and always including the punctuation marks so we know a sentence has ended) and not abbreviating words. Sometimes even the native English speakers need to remember this because even a common abbreviation may not be known to someone who is not a native English speaker.

yomamma said:
lisa!nian...
:rofl: Lisa!nian not lisa!nian!

yomamma;I answer your question in this thread. :wink:

'sth' = 'something'
'esp.'= 'especially'
'coz' = 'because'

And I meant we're always waiting for tomorrow to make a change in our life, but we should change whatever we want just right now!

I'm confused?

I wonder why you don't respond to some of the questions raised in the thread you started?

Last edited:
Lisa! said:
Am I confusing?
On so many levels... :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
yomamma;I answer your question in this thread. :wink:

'sth' = 'something'
'esp.'= 'especially'
'coz' = 'because'

And I meant we're always waiting for tomorrow to make a change in our life, but we should change whatever we want just right now!

Don't worry Lisa, coz we know u is sth esp cool, is this universal translator working? :biggrin:

You are sometimes. Your post here was easily understandable. Sometimes I get the impression that you are really hyper and type what ever comes to mind very quickly without much thought.
Don't worry about leaving or anything like that. I've come across people both here and elsewhere that are for more confusing than you have ever been.
Also, a lot of us like you and would be sad to see you go. :smile:

Moonbear said:
Well, this one I can understand, but there have been other posts that I really don't understand. Since you ask, the word order in your sentences are not standard English, so I've been assuming you are not a native English speaker. Most of the time I can mentally sort out what you meant to say, but not all the time. When I really can't understand, though, I'm not sure it's your grammar that's the problem, but that the thoughts seem incomplete, like you assume we all know already what you're thinking, so you jump right to the punchline without any set-up.
Thanks.You're right. :smile:
hypatia said:
I wonder why don't...
If you say A, you'll have to continue till Z! :wink:

Danger said:
On so many levels... :biggrin:
Not as much as you are! :wink:

wolram said:
Don't worry Lisa...
I'm looking for an abbreviation for your name! :devil: :biggrin:

TheStatutoryApe said:
You are sometimes. Your post here was easily understandable. Sometimes I get the impression that you are really hyper and type what ever comes to mind very quickly without much thought.
Don't worry about leaving or anything like that. I've come across people both here and elsewhere that are for more confusing than you have ever been.
Also, a lot of us like you and would be sad to see you go. :smile:
You're always nico to me. :smile:

*-*-* :smile: a happy ending :smile: *-*-*​

Yep Lisa, its all ok. Actually the way you write, reminds me of someone very near and dear to my heart.

hypatia said:
Yep Lisa, its all ok. Actually the way you write, reminds me of someone very near and dear to my heart.
I'm so lucky! :smile:

ppppffft!

I type different ways in different forums.
Here I tend to type each word out completely.
On my site I also do the same.
However, in THG or GO I use a lot of "common" abbreviations and type more like I speak. :confused:
No matter where I am it is hard to type with a huge white cat paw stretched across my keyboard. :grumpy:

I also have a soft touch keyboard and sometimes I touch so soft I don't realize it and end up with missing letters from words. :yuck:

What is the "Trouble Understanding Me? Let's Solve the Problem!" program?

The "Trouble Understanding Me? Let's Solve the Problem!" program is a specialized scientific approach to helping individuals better understand themselves and improve their communication skills.

How does the program work?

The program uses a combination of techniques such as personality assessments, communication exercises, and reflective practices to guide individuals in understanding their own thought patterns, emotions, and behaviors. Through this process, individuals can identify areas for improvement and learn how to effectively communicate with others.

Who can benefit from this program?

This program can benefit anyone who wants to improve their communication skills and better understand themselves. It is especially helpful for people who struggle with expressing their thoughts and emotions, or have difficulty understanding others.

What outcomes can be expected from participating in this program?

Individuals who participate in this program can expect to have a better understanding of themselves and their communication patterns. They may also experience improved relationships and more effective communication with others.

Is this program backed by scientific research?

Yes, this program is based on scientific research on personality, communication, and psychology. It combines evidence-based techniques to provide individuals with a comprehensive understanding of themselves and their communication style.