Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Am I disgusting?

1. Oct 17, 2008 #1
    I think I might be addicted to sunflower seeds. I especially like the Ranch flavored ones. I'll eat a bag at a time and just spit the shells onto the floor. Just kidding, i spit the shells into a Styrofoam cup, or a paper cup, whatever is handy. Do you think sunflower seeds are a bad habit?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2008 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I used to work with a woman that would eat sunflower seeds all day at her desk and she would spit all of the shells onto the floor. At the end of the day you couldn't even see the carpet around her chair there were so many shells. It was absolutely disgusting.

4. Oct 17, 2008 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sunflower seed eating is an excellent example of a habit that amplifies my feelings for someone.

For example: if someone I really like eats sunflower seeds incessantly, I think it's quirky and charming. Of course I would give good-natured jabs at the person from time to time, kidding about their addiction. But they could expect to recieve "surprise" gifts of sunflower seeds from me on a regular basis.

But if I already don't like the person much, it's gross.

5. Oct 17, 2008 #4
    so I eat a lot of sunflower seeds, how do you feel about me now?

6. Oct 17, 2008 #5
    wow, you are alive. why aren't you answering the 17 private messages I've sent you?

7. Oct 17, 2008 #6

Evo

I like pistachio people.

8. Oct 17, 2008 #7
    My old boss was addicted to sunflower seeds. For the longest time I never set foot in his office, but by his demeanor and the way he typically dressed you would imagine the place was pretty much spotless. Well, one day he wanted me to run some reports and take them to his office when I was finished, so I got on it, finished them, and proceeded to take them to him. When I walked in his office I was literally shocked to see sunflower shells all over the floor, his desk, on top of papers... everywhere! At one point when I was talking to him I think he caught me actually looking around, staring at all the shells.

It just seemed a little funny coming from someone who made ~$250K a year.

9. Oct 17, 2008 #8

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I feel like I want to give you more seeds, and a lot of good-natured jabs as well!

10. Oct 17, 2008 #9
    If you really want to be disgusting...

[​IMG]

11. Oct 17, 2008 #10

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Forget about PMs to Evo, or friend requests to hot female students from MIT. You need to send a friend request to Evo's former coworker, stat.

12. Oct 17, 2008 #11
    Okay, next am I disgusting question: I don't feel like shaving today. Is the scruffy look ever sexy or just scruffy? The hair is only about 1.5mm long lots of grey(silver) though.

13. Oct 17, 2008 #12
    I am what's your point? I was talking about my landing strip

14. Oct 17, 2008 #13
    don't feel bad. so what do you think, should I go ahead and shave my landing strip. Want me to send you a picture?

15. Oct 17, 2008 #14
    I should send him a picture of my privates. How funny would that be? OF COURSE I'm a man. I'm one hell of a man as a matter of fact. How could you ever have thought otherwise?

16. Oct 17, 2008 #15

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

Thanks for this discussion, tribdog and ghost. Nice way to finish my lunch break...

17. Oct 17, 2008 #16
    what happened? did ghost go and erase all of his messages?

18. Oct 17, 2008 #17
    Yea. It was a pointless question anyway and I have the answer now. I ll keep the answer and erased post logs in my man sized safe I got from Dick Chaney.

19. Oct 17, 2008 #18

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought it wasn't possible to do that...! How strange!

20. Oct 17, 2008 #19

Evo

There is a short edit period. So now you know why we limit the time you can edit, it makes the people that responded to your posts look insane.

21. Oct 17, 2008 #20

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

1) As the NRA would say, "Sunflower seeds aren't disgusting, you are."

2) Who the heck are you talking to? Have you gone insane?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?