Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Am I eligible for PhD?

1. Nov 13, 2011 #1
    I am currently 2nd EE, telecommunications.

I am medium student. But given the fact that my college demands are high, I am doing well.

I can say for myself that I understand a lot things. I have trouble with calculations, but I am very fast learner. Here at my college, few courses don't have a top notch professor. So I have troubles with that course. I pass it but not with flying marks.

What are the requirements to get a PhD? Here in my college, you have to have over 8.0 (out of 10) average course score. My current one is 7.44.

I have high interests in physics and signals(so far).

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2011 #2
    I don't want to be annoying here... but why would you be able to handle a PhD? The minimum GPA requirement is there for a reason. It's there because grad school is very difficult. Even people with a perfect score struggle.

I don't want to discourage you, but think very hard and very long about this. If you're not 100% motivated, then don't start. Find out what went wrong in your undergrad, and try to fix it.

4. Nov 13, 2011 #3
    Yes I was wondering that myself. Guess time will tell. Got 3 more years till that. Thank you very much for your answer, it is everything but annoying :)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook