1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Am I eligible for PhD?

1. Nov 13, 2011 #1
    I am currently 2nd EE, telecommunications.

I am medium student. But given the fact that my college demands are high, I am doing well.

I can say for myself that I understand a lot things. I have trouble with calculations, but I am very fast learner. Here at my college, few courses don't have a top notch professor. So I have troubles with that course. I pass it but not with flying marks.

What are the requirements to get a PhD? Here in my college, you have to have over 8.0 (out of 10) average course score. My current one is 7.44.

I have high interests in physics and signals(so far).

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2011 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

I don't want to be annoying here... but why would you be able to handle a PhD? The minimum GPA requirement is there for a reason. It's there because grad school is very difficult. Even people with a perfect score struggle.

I don't want to discourage you, but think very hard and very long about this. If you're not 100% motivated, then don't start. Find out what went wrong in your undergrad, and try to fix it.

4. Nov 13, 2011 #3
    Yes I was wondering that myself. Guess time will tell. Got 3 more years till that. Thank you very much for your answer, it is everything but annoying :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook