Am I going blind?

• Thread starter HMPARTICLE
  • Start date
My eye prescription is gradually increasing, two years are I was 3.5 in both eyes now I am a 4? Will this eventually converge so that I remain at a constant prescription?

Answers and Replies

HallsofIvy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
What??? "Eye prescription"? What does "3.5"or "4" measure? And the really important question- what does this have to do with "topology and analysis"?

I am really sorry I decided to use the app for this post, I shall try and rectify the issue. (It was intended for general discussion.)
The unit measurement is diopter. As I am nearsighted the reading is -4 in both eyes.

If I must be quite honest, at the time I didn't think of the bigger picture. I shall book an appointment tomorrow!

jtbell
Mentor
How old are you? I'm very nearsighted myself. As I recall, my prescription gradually became stronger while I was still growing, then stabilized around age 20. This was many years ago, so I don't remember the exact timeline. But definitely consult your ophthalmologist to find out whether your situation is normal or whether something else is going on.