Optimizing KCL using Matrix Inversion

• Thread starter chart2006
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Direction
In summary, the conversation is about setting the values of R1 and R2 to 500 ohms and finding the appropriate value of R3 that limits the current to a range of 0.5 to 2mA. The equation for finding i1 and i2 was derived from matrices, but the values are not accurate and the closest value found was when R3 = 1000 ohms. The conversation also includes a discussion about using MATLAB to plot the function and the range of the function can be determined by taking the extreme values of v1 and v2 (1 and 2 volts).
chart2006
Set R1 = R2 = 500 ohms, then choose any R3 and plot I versus V1 and V2 for V1 and V2 are between 1 and 2 volts until you find a value of R3 that limits the magnitude of the current to .5 to 2mA.

DP45-1-1.jpg
;
DP45-2.jpg

KCL
i1, i2 = inv(A)*x
i = i1 - i2

I made some large changes and found a few errors with my previous attempt so I deleted that photo and added the new photo of my current work. The equation was derived from using the formula above in reference to matrices. My question is whether or not this is accurate and if so why are my values off? The closest value i can determine is when R3 = 1000 however it doesn't give me i from .5 to 2mA (0.0005 to 0.002). Checking from the extreme values of the source voltage when R3 = 1000:
Low: v1 = v2 = 1, i = .0008A
High: v1 = v2 = 2, i = .0016A

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, I'm not understanding your problem statement. V1 and V2 both can vary between 1-2V? What does your notation "V1 = 1:0.01:2" mean?

sorry it's a MATLAB notation I'm using. It means V1 = 1 to 2 in increments of 0.01. The incrementation is for me when I'm plotting the function.

Can you post your MATLAB plots?

I only have MATLAB on my laptop and haven't had a chance to plot the function yet but if you take the extreme values as I have with v1=v2=1 and v1=v2=2 that will tell you the range of the function.

Last edited:

1. What factors should I consider to determine if I am on the right direction?

To determine if you are on the right direction, you should consider your goals, values, and priorities. Ask yourself if your current path aligns with your long-term goals and if it is in line with your values and priorities.

2. How can I tell if I am making progress in the right direction?

You can tell if you are making progress in the right direction by setting measurable goals and tracking your progress. Celebrate small milestones and assess if they are leading you towards your desired outcome.

3. Should I seek advice from others to know if I am on the right direction?

It can be helpful to seek advice from others, especially from those who have experience or expertise in your field. However, ultimately, the decision should be based on your own goals and values.

4. How do I know if I am in the right direction if I am facing obstacles?

Obstacles are a natural part of any journey, and they do not necessarily mean you are on the wrong direction. Evaluate if the obstacles are temporary or if they are hindering your progress towards your goals. If it is the latter, it may be time to reassess your direction.

5. Is it normal to question if I am on the right direction?

Yes, it is completely normal to question if you are on the right direction. It shows that you are actively thinking and evaluating your choices. However, if you find yourself constantly questioning and feeling uncertain, it may be a sign that you need to reassess your direction.