Am I Marked? - Uncovering the Meaning of a Plus Sign

• Thread starter scott_alexsk
  • Start date
In summary, the plus sign next to a member's name in the "who's in the forum" section indicates that they are on your "buddy list", which can be managed through the control panel. This feature allows for easier communication and visibility among friends within the forum. Additionally, there is an "ignore list" feature that hides a person's posts and PMs from you. It is also possible to add oneself to their own buddy list, although this may be seen as a bit sad.
scott_alexsk
I just noticed a little plus sign at the end of my name at the "who's in the forum" section. Is this just for marking my account or does it mean something else?
-Scott

Physics news on Phys.org
A plus mark next to a member's name shows that they are on your "buddy list". I don't know why you would see that next to your own name, I don't think you can make yourself your own buddy. That would be kind of sad.

Anyone else know?

It seems that the control panel does give you the option of adding yourself to your own buddy list. That is kind of sad. (Haven't actually tried it--maybe it doesn't really work.)

What does the buddy list do anyway? If I add you to my list, will you be my buddy Doc Al? :!)

Someone else tried it...wasn't it tribdog? I recall a long ago discussion in GD about it.

Evo said:
What does the buddy list do anyway?
Not sure. If someone's on your list, it's easier to see if they are online or send them PMs, I think.

If I add you to my list, will you be my buddy Doc Al? :!)
You're already on my buddy list, Evo! :!)

Doc Al said:
You're already on my buddy list, Evo! :!)
:blushing: :!)

Lucky you. I'm on almost everyone's enemy list.

<sobbing>

Zz.

Evo said:
What does the buddy list do anyway? If I add you to my list, will you be my buddy Doc Al? :!)

Evo, will you be my buddy-list-entine? :!) :!) :!)

Pengwuino said:
Evo, will you be my buddy-list-entine? :!) :!) :!)
I have buddies now <sniff> :smile:

OK I'll admit it, I was screwing around on my control panel. Actually I first tired to add myself to my ignore list but that did not work, so I saw if I could be my own buddy. It's not that sad:blushing: . What does the ignore list do anyways?
-Scott

Ignore does just what it sounds like it does. You won't see anything that person posts or sends you by PM.

ZapperZ said:

<sobbing>

Zz.

Proof that you're doing a great job! :biggrin:

ZapperZ said:

<sobbing>

Zz.
So that's why you're always on invisible mode!

I like being my own buddy. It means I always have someone to talk to when no one else is around.

I have the Evo on my buddy list.

ZapperZ said:

<sobbing>

Zz.
Ahh, that explains the minus sign next to your name! :rofl:

scott_alexsk said:
What does the ignore list do anyways?
-Scott
It hides a person's posts in the threads you browse so you can't see them.

Edit: I'd not read russ's post when I wanted to post this! Ah, I don't know why it always takes me to the first page when I click on F&A threads on main page.:bugeye:
TheStatutoryApe said:
I have the Evo on my buddy list.
Once you said yomamma is also on your buddy list! :cool:

Last edited:
I'm on my buddy list, but, I'm considering removing myself because I don't answer my emails.

1. What does a plus sign mean when it appears on my skin?

A plus sign on the skin could be a sign of a skin condition, such as hives or a rash. It could also be a symbol used in tattooing or body art. It is best to consult a doctor or tattoo artist for a proper diagnosis.

2. Is a plus sign always a bad thing?

No, a plus sign is not always a bad thing. It could be a symbol of positivity, such as the plus sign used in mathematics to indicate addition. However, if the plus sign appears on your skin and is accompanied by other symptoms, it is best to seek medical advice.

3. Can a plus sign on my skin be a sign of a serious illness?

In some cases, a plus sign on the skin could be a sign of a serious illness, such as an allergic reaction or an autoimmune disorder. If the plus sign is accompanied by other symptoms, it is important to consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

4. Does the location of the plus sign on my skin have any significance?

The location of the plus sign on the skin may have significance depending on its context. For example, if the plus sign is part of a tattoo, the location may have personal meaning to the individual. However, if the plus sign appears randomly on the skin, it is best to consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis.

5. How do I know if the plus sign on my skin is permanent?

If the plus sign is a tattoo or body art, it is most likely permanent. However, if the plus sign appears on the skin without any known cause or explanation, it is important to seek medical advice to determine if it is a temporary or permanent mark on the skin.