Can I Get Into Grad School Despite My Low GPA and Age?

In summary: I think your chances of getting into graduate school are about 50%.Your chances of getting into graduate school are about 50%.In summary, your overall GPA and research experience are not the best, but your grades from your professors and letters of recommendation give you a chance. However, your low GPA and lack of research experience make your chances of admission lower.
Mark44 said:
Speaking for myself, I quoted things that you said about yourself. IMO, these self-admitted traits explain pretty well why you are in the situtuation you describe.

If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.

I don't think those traits explain my situation well. I am a capable person and I have a good head on my shoulders. There's just some small things in life and school that I'm not getting right. But it's so simple to just cast me as a lazy ignoramus who didn't apply himself. If I were a professor I'd probably do the same thing to students complaining about their struggles.

Thanks but I don't find your "answers" to be actual answers.

Physics news on Phys.org
Delong said:
I think I'd prefer feedback from people around my age level and stage of career development in science. Not so much seasoned professors.

Why? What useful feedback could people of your age give that seasoned professors could not give? You asked "Am I ready for grad school?", how can somebody at your stage of career development possibly answer that? If you are just asking for validation, then you should say so.

micromass said:
Why? What useful feedback could people of your age give that seasoned professors could not give? You asked "Am I ready for grad school?", how can somebody at your stage of career development possibly answer that? If you are just asking for validation, then you should say so.

I don't know but i guess i prefer support and undderstanding at my point over criticism and reprimand.
Although id liked to handle criticism but i don't think I am currently strong enough to do so. Or rather don't think I am mentally strong in general.
So if that's the case then i think this thread has reached a certain wall thanks everyone anyway

Last edited: