Am I smart enough for Physics?

• Thread starter jeremmed77
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary: I definitely agree, now that I am looking at what I did from a different perspective, that it was way too premature to give up on this. I came out of community college getting easy A's, and expected this to be the same. Everyone I know taking Calculus 2 and Physics 2 don't seem to be struggling at all! Is this normal?
I don't think The Big Bang Theory would serve as an accurate metric with which to gauge how much one knows about Physics.

From what I've seen, that show merely parrots the popular and "trendy" aspects of Physics and other sciences.

That time would be better spent continuing to study the subjects one wishes to learn.

Physics news on Phys.org
I was at the same point you were- except I got a C- in calculus. This semester is going much better with Calc II (way more fun) but anyways.. I don't think you can define people as "smart". Yes, people's brains are wired differently- neurons fire faster, causing better retention of information, faster retention, etc. I don't believe that makes somebody any more or less smart.

I didn't and don't plan to quit on my physics major because I TRULY believe that if you work hard enough, you can get to where you want to be. For anyone! I know this is over-said, but you can't let culture completely define who you are..

And anyways, how much fun would physics be if it just came easy to you? Isn't it more rewarding to work hard and do well.

and practice, practice, practice! Not just problem solving but the actual theory that goes along with it.

In Calc II, I taught myself how to really read a math textbook and I'm totally understand Calc theory! and doing well! it feels so great.