Am I the only one feeling dumb and stupid here? :p

• Thread starter ABD EL HAMEED
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary: Since you've just started learning engineering, you're in for a bumpy ride. The amount of physics you'll need to know to be a successful engineer is substantial, and a good chunk of that physics is covered in calculus. However, you don't need to be proficient in calculus to be a successful engineer. In fact, you may find that you don't even need to use calculus for some of the more advanced physics concepts.
lendav_rott said:
Wait..there's nothing wrong with liking salmon..right? :D
It depends on how you feel about it once your sentence is carried out. :devil:

Physics news on Phys.org
How come the Halibut isn't getting any love?

Jesse H. said:
smoked or steamed, not raw

Jesse H. said:
Do you wish me to report you to the Hallowed Judges of Fish here at PF?

Hmm seems the fish thing is being taken serious here...

ABD EL HAMEED said:

Certainly. PF has even obtained a fatwa from the Al Azhar University in Cairo that our sentencing is perfectly halal. :smile:

ABD EL HAMEED said:

of course it is, welcome to physhics forums :biggrin:

translation, please, arildno

fatwa-considered legal opinion from the body of the ulema on a specific issue

Keeping in mind that the last time someone stated their preference as the Megalodon he had to be slapped with salmon because of unavailability (which had unfortunately been cooked and hence made a mess) I have decided due to technical difficulties not to slap you with the Megalodon and instead I will smash you with it :devil:...
ABD.gif

Consider yourself initiated to PF! And welcome once again!
(sorry about the edgy jumps, was in a bit of hurry - someone might have spilled the beans..)

Last edited:
Well you're currently in a place where people spend their free time doing physics and science, what else can you expect other than a bunch of nuts?

arildno said:
Certainly. PF has even obtained a fatwa from the Al Azhar University in Cairo that our sentencing is perfectly halal. :smile:

Fish can be eaten dead,so it doesn't matter much there :p

Enigman said:
Keeping in mind that the last time someone stated their preference as the Megalodon he had to be slapped with salmon because of unavailability (which had unfortunately been cooked and hence made a mess) I have decided due to technical difficulties not to slap you with the Megalodon and instead I will smash you with it :devil:...
ABD.gif

(sorry about the edgy jumps, was in a bit of hurry - someone might have spilled the beans..)
EDIT: we all seem to have posted simultaneously...

Last edited:
Enigman said:
Keeping in mind that the last time someone stated their preference as the Megalodon he had to be slapped with salmon because of unavailability (which had unfortunately been cooked and hence made a mess) I have decided due to technical difficulties not to slap you with the Megalodon and instead I will do this...
ABD.gif

At least I was slapped with the shark
OK I'll choose the creepy fish at the end

Jesse H. said:
Well you're currently in a place where people spend their free time doing physics and science, what else can you expect other than a bunch of nuts?

Lol so true xD

ABD EL HAMEED said:
Fish can be eaten dead,so it doesn't matter much there :p
Granted.

But, since your deserved sentence does not involve DEAD fish (not to speak of whether it is to be eaten or not), they had to dig really deep into the appendices of Bukhari and Sahih Muslim to come up with their opinion.

ABD EL HAMEED said:
I'll choose the creepy fish at the end

Sorry, only one slap per person.
--------------------------------------
:biggrin:_I still haven't got mine...

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

cook the fish 6 times to make sure it's dead for certain.

Welcome, ABD :smile:!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

You are now officially initiated (multiple times even :biggrin:).

Or, as the divines at Al Azhar put it in their fatwa:
"Our Prophet (PBUH) fully endorsed harmless fun as one of many ways to create a harmonious sense of fellowship among the Believers"
:smile:

arildno said:
Granted.

But, since your deserved sentence does not involve DEAD fish (not to speak of whether it is to be eaten or not), they had to dig really deep into the appendices of Bukhari and Sahih Muslim to come up with their opinion.

Just let me translate and I'll get back to you...

This is getting a bit like random thoughts thread...<<-----That was a random thought.

Enigman said:
Sorry, only one slap per person.
--------------------------------------
:biggrin:_I still haven't got mine...

Oh common,what kind of fish can I take?
lendav_rott said:
cook the fish 6 times to make sure it's dead for certain.

Or cut its head once ;)

lisab said:
Welcome, ABD :smile:!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

You are now officially initiated (multiple times even :biggrin:).

Lol thanks

That Megalodon had been dead for centuries- no need to cook or cut anything...congratulations you now smell of rotten fish.

Enigman said:
That Megalodon had been dead for centuries- no need to cook or cut anything...congratulations you now smell of rotten fish.

ACTUALLY, no rotting stink is attached to our megalodons. they have all been transformed into clean stone, prior to smacking initiates with them (this is contained as an explicit command in the caveat 3b.2 in the above-mentioned fatwa. Harmless fun must not involve stinking matters).

arildno said:
ACTUALLY, no rotting stink is attached to our megalodons. they have all been transformed into clean stone, prior to smacking initiates with them.

I was the guy who prepared the fish and pressed the button. I know better...though I wish I didn't
:yuck:
EDIT:Cheater you edited your post making my joke not funny. :grumpy:

Enigman said:
I was the guy who prepared the fish and pressed the button. I know better...though I wish I didn't

The wrath of the Al Azhar is upon you, then..

Cheat or no cheat, your joke is fun in limited contexts. :smile:

Fish slapping is not fun it is a necessity.

Woah, Megalodon is dead? You're telling me that the giant whale decoy they made for Shark Week DIDN'T attract an extinct shark?

Enigman said:
Fish slapping is not fun it is a necessity.
It is necessary fun, in order to create a harmonious sense of fellowship at PF.
:smile:

arildno said:
ACTUALLY, no rotting stink is attached to our megalodons. they have all been transformed into clean stone, prior to smacking initiates with them (this is contained as an explicit command in the caveat 3b.2 in the above-mentioned fatwa. Harmless fun must not involve stinking matters).

Ahh...hmm...what?
Enigman said:
EDIT:Cheater you edited your post making my joke not funny. :grumpy:

You're the one who made me smell like fish and slapped me twice
WHY U -___-

arildno said:
The wrath of the Al Azhar is upon you, then..

Cheat or no cheat, your joke is fun in limited contexts. :smile:
And meee :D

It is necessary fun, in order to create a harmonious sense of fellowship at PF.
Can't argue with that one...

How did I cheat?I didn't edit anything

ABD EL HAMEED said:
How did I cheat?I didn't edit anything

Not you it was Arildno.

Anyways:
My heartfelt welcome to you, Abd El Hameed, here at PF, and I hope you will enjoy your stay here. :smile:
Feeling "dumb/stupid" is certainly somewhat humiliating, but something felt by ALL as they progress along the learning curve within the hard sciences.