1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Amazing card trickery

1. Mar 20, 2008 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2008 #2
    I've watched a tutorial for the first one but can't find it. It involves a very thin string and some wax to attach it to the top of the card.

4. Mar 20, 2008 #3
    Second one looks like a really bad video edit.

5. Mar 20, 2008 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Agreed, but the first one looks pretty cool. Not sure if it is an edit or a real trick.

6. Mar 20, 2008 #5
    Yeah I kind of picked the wrong video there.
    His other card tricks are cool though..

Thanks for the explanation though.

7. Mar 20, 2008 #6
    Ok don't tell anyone. I have this trick. Magician’s invisible thread and wax. The Gimmick is attached to your waist. It takes about 2 minutes to set the trick up. You can use business cards or playing cards. The trick is great because you can take a business card from anyone and start twirling in less then a second. Cost is $20.00 dollars. You have to order extra wax. It does take a little practice but you can perform the trick just a few feet from anyone they can't see the thread.

8. Mar 20, 2008 #7
    Thats neat. For the first one you can tell that it is attached to a string and he moves it. Even when he goes the other way it is touching his thumb to bring it back. I don't get how he does the first or last swoop over it and under it though?

9. Mar 21, 2008 #8

I mentioned a gimmick. You really don't need it, magician wax, invisible thread and scotch tape. Roll the wax in a ball attach it to the thread and card. Attach the other end of the thread to scotch tape then stick it behind your ear. "Wellah" you have a floating card for less then $5.00 dollars. Check this video. he has a gimmick and it's attached to his waist.

http://www.magical-tricks.com/Floatingcardbig1.wmv

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?