Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Amazing card trickery

1. Mar 20, 2008 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2008 #2
    I've watched a tutorial for the first one but can't find it. It involves a very thin string and some wax to attach it to the top of the card.
  4. Mar 20, 2008 #3
    Second one looks like a really bad video edit.
  5. Mar 20, 2008 #4

Staff: Mentor

Agreed, but the first one looks pretty cool. Not sure if it is an edit or a real trick.
  6. Mar 20, 2008 #5
    Yeah I kind of picked the wrong video there.
    His other card tricks are cool though..

Thanks for the explanation though.
  7. Mar 20, 2008 #6
    Ok don't tell anyone. I have this trick. Magician’s invisible thread and wax. The Gimmick is attached to your waist. It takes about 2 minutes to set the trick up. You can use business cards or playing cards. The trick is great because you can take a business card from anyone and start twirling in less then a second. Cost is $20.00 dollars. You have to order extra wax. It does take a little practice but you can perform the trick just a few feet from anyone they can't see the thread.
  8. Mar 20, 2008 #7
    Thats neat. For the first one you can tell that it is attached to a string and he moves it. Even when he goes the other way it is touching his thumb to bring it back. I don't get how he does the first or last swoop over it and under it though?
  9. Mar 21, 2008 #8

I mentioned a gimmick. You really don't need it, magician wax, invisible thread and scotch tape. Roll the wax in a ball attach it to the thread and card. Attach the other end of the thread to scotch tape then stick it behind your ear. "Wellah" you have a floating card for less then $5.00 dollars. Check this video. he has a gimmick and it's attached to his waist.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?