• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
Wow, I didn't see that coming.

Waiting for zooby to watch.
I saw! I didn't think they'd do that.

Evo
Mentor
I saw! I didn't think they'd do that.
How are the parents going to explain not knowing about their daughter's disappearance?

How are the parents going to explain not knowing about their daughter's disappearance?
They think she's alive and won't know any different unless the corpse gets found. Tate prevented that once tonight. Thing is, now Dad knows he's Mr. Rubber. They're going to call the cops anytime he shows up again. Someone's also bound to come looking for the exterminator.

I'm guessing Tate and Violet are going to run away. She'll leave a note or something and the Dad will call the cops and report her missing. On the other hand, maybe Tate will just lay low and they'll arrange to have Violet home schooled.

I wonder if the burned man is now leaving the series. He lied about how he got burned, so he must have also lied about being institutionalized all those years. Where was he and what was he up to?

Evo
Mentor
I'm guessing Tate and Violet are going to run away.
They can't leave the house except on halloween according to the show.

On the other hand, maybe Tate will just lay low and they'll arrange to have Violet home schooled.
That might be it.

I wonder if the burned man is now leaving the series. He lied about how he got burned, so he must have also lied about being institutionalized all those years. Where was he and what was he up to?
They previously debunked him being institutionalized. At least crazy husband mentioned it.

Think Larry got the neighbor off the hook? Or are they still after her?

Glad that crazy daughter is dead. She's still too pathetic though.

They can't leave the house except on halloween according to the show.

They previously debunked him being institutionalized. At least crazy husband mentioned it.
I missed one episode a couple weeks back. This info might have been in that episode.

Think Larry got the neighbor off the hook? Or are they still after her?
They dislike her very much, so I wouldn't be surprised if they visit her again.

Glad that crazy daughter is dead. She's still too pathetic though.
That's the thing: her being dead is not much different than her being alive on this show.

Evo
Mentor
Tonight was so disappointing. It was actully boring. Next week is the finale and at this point I don't plan to watch. How disappointing. Everyone's dead. YAWN.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I haven't even looked at this yet but I just reserved it at Netflix

Some very good series just fail at the end.

Evo
Mentor

It's not good. Prepare to be disappointed. I kept thinking "it has to get better". Nope.

Last edited:

The first episode was dynamite. It went downhill from there simply because it didn't go uphill: they never managed to surprise you again they way they did with the first episode.

There was a great series on HBO called Six feet Under, also based on an odd premise, that did a consistently brilliant job of surprising you week after week for 5 seasons. It can be done, therefore, but these producers don't have the knack.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The first episode was dynamite. It went downhill from there simply because it didn't go uphill: they never managed to surprise you again they way they did with the first episode.

There was a great series on HBO called Six feet Under, also based on an odd premise, that did a consistently brilliant job of surprising you week after week for 5 seasons. It can be done, therefore, but these producers don't have the knack.
I tried six feet under but it didn't keep my attention. All the dead stuff was a turnoff, which is strange because I really enjoyed Dead Like Me.

I tried six feet under but it didn't keep my attention. All the dead stuff was a turnoff, which is strange because I really enjoyed Dead Like Me.
By "all the dead stuff" you mean them having conversations with the departed?

Tonight was so disappointing. It was actully boring. Next week is the finale and at this point I don't plan to watch. How disappointing. Everyone's dead. YAWN.
What do you think of this:

AHS receives Golden Globe Award nominations for Best Television Series - Drama. Jessica Lange for Best Performance for a Supporting Actress in a Television Series, Movie or a Miniseries. Jessica Lange also received a Screen Actors Guild award nomination for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Drama Series.

Evo
Mentor
What do you think of this:
She was outstanding in the show. Creepy, unsettling, the entire show revolved around her, she was really the leading character, the others were just there as fillers in her story. I hope she wins, she deserves it.

Psycho boy was also very convincing.

Last edited:
She was outstanding in the show. Creepy, unsettling, the entire show revolved around her, she was really the leading character, the others were just there as fillers in her story. I hope she wins, she deserves it.

Psycho boy was also very convincing.
She is certainly the most vivid character. I think all the all the actors are excellent and it's really executive decisions about where to take the plot that annoy me. The show as a whole was nominated as best drama, though.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
By "all the dead stuff" you mean them having conversations with the departed?
No, it was just a bit too dark for my tastes.

No, it was just a bit too dark for my tastes.
Hmmmm. American Horror Story is about 5 times darker.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hmmmm. American Horror Story is about 5 times darker.
I tried that show about the serial killer who kills serial killers, which is highly acclaimed, and I only lasted about half an hour. Dark can be fine depending on the tone. it just depends on the spirit of the darkness. :biggrin: I don't like anything psycho. I had enough of that in LA with real people.

Evo
Mentor
She is certainly the most vivid character. I think all the all the actors are excellent and it's really executive decisions about where to take the plot that annoy me. The show as a whole was nominated as best drama, though.
So have they just swept the "infantata" under the rug? From interviews it always sounded like it was going to become a central monster, but nothing happened. The show was like that from one episode to the next, the writers would just abandon a story line and go off in a completely different direction, with no explanation, no tying up loose ends. I don't get why Constance's young boyfriend is so happy to be dead.

I tried that show about the serial killer who kills serial killers, which is highly acclaimed, and I only lasted about half an hour. Dark can be fine depending on the tone. it just depends on the spirit of the darkness. :biggrin: I don't like anything psycho. I had enough of that in LA with real people.
I can't predict. You'll just have to watch it to see if it works. It's like a conjunction of Stephen King, M. Night Shyamalan, and the makers of Six Feet Under, with a dash of David Cronenberg.

So have they just swept the "infantata" under the rug? From interviews it always sounded like it was going to become a central monster, but nothing happened. The show was like that from one episode to the next, the writers would just abandon a story line and go off in a completely different direction, with no explanation, no tying up loose ends. I don't get why Constance's young boyfriend is so happy to be dead.
I guess they are. The ghosts "debunked" the medium, as it were, so I guess they're free to abandon that set up. But you're right, the amount of stuff they've set up only to have it go nowhere or be rendered moot is extremely annoying. It's like they're just making it up on the fly as they go along. Maybe the point is just to reference every previous horror fad possible.

Evo
Mentor
Now it's turned into a comedy, I like that.

Now it's turned into a comedy, I like that.
Well, they've gone back to the anti-christ theme, so that wasn't dropped after all. But that makes the house the center of all evil in the world, which means it's not just a ghost story, but the story of Armageddon. Kinda ambitious. The writers are on crack.

Evo
Mentor
Well, they've gone back to the anti-christ theme, so that wasn't dropped after all. But that makes the house the center of all evil in the world, which means it's not just a ghost story, but the story of Armageddon. Kinda ambitious. The writers are on crack.
Ahaha.

So, no one found Violet's body, no one but Constance knows she's dead? And they only mention one baby missing (the terror tyke), what happened to the body of the other baby, or are we to assume the police picked it up with Vivien's body? I know that it's ghost is in the house, I'm assuming it can't grow up? And why and how do the ghosts eat and drink? Like when Vivien asked Moira to make her a cup of tea after she died. What do they eat and drink when there's nothing in the house? Come on Zoob, I know you know. :tongue2:

Ahaha.

So, no one found Violet's body, no one but Constance knows she's dead? And they only mention one baby missing (the terror tyke), what happened to the body of the other baby, or are we to assume the police picked it up with Vivien's body? I know that it's ghost is in the house, I'm assuming it can't grow up? And why and how do the ghosts eat and drink? Like when Vivien asked Moira to make her a cup of tea after she died. What do they eat and drink when there's nothing in the house? Come on Zoob, I know you know. :tongue2:
I think the other baby may have been born alive. The doctor might have claimed it was stillborn so he could give it to his wife. I think it should age so it can do battle with its evil twin in the future and save the world.

The exterminator found Violet's body but then Tate killed him. I was expecting the cops to come looking for the exterminator at some point: his van must still be parked around there somewhere. I don't know why Constance didn't get rid of Violet's body. If it's found it won't help her story about Violet taking the baby.

I think ghosts drink pretend tea. Funny how the maid got all uppity: "I don't wait on ghosts!"

They finally explained who the Dad was talking to on the phone when he called Tate's "mother". Someday they'll have to explain where the Dad went to cut down a Christmas tree.

Back to the Black Dahlia episode: I saw a show where they interviewed a guy who thinks his father was the Black Dahlia murderer. He's actually a former LAPD officer and his father was a doctor who performed illegal abortions back in the 40's. He was a major suspect at the time, it was proven he knew Short, and was brought in for questioning. He had, like, 5 different wives and has about 20 children scattered around. One daughter accused him of molesting her, and he was arrested for that, but let go. A very sketchy character, and I'm guessing they're basing the doctor who built the house on him somewhat.

Evo
Mentor
I think the other baby may have been born alive. The doctor might have claimed it was stillborn so he could give it to his wife. I think it should age so it can do battle with its evil twin in the future and save the world.
If it's alive, what is it eating? :tongue2: I guess we're not supposed to wonder those things.

Someday they'll have to explain where the Dad went to cut down a Christmas tree.
Since they can't leave the house/yard, it would have to be in the yard. :tongue:

Yeah, I've been wondering why no one missed the exterminator.