Exploring Independent-Particle Models in 1930s Physics

In summary, I am looking for Volume 60 Issue 2 of the American Journal of Physics Published 02/1992. I am interested in the article ‘Independent-particle models of the 1930s’ by Karen E Johnson. If anyone can provide me the information listed, I would be grateful.
bluestar
Does anyone have Volume 60 Issue 2 of the American Journal of Physics Published 02/1992? I am interested in the article ‘Independent-particle models of the 1930s’ by Karen E Johnson

Hopefully, someone can provide me the following information for all models listed the article?

Model Name, Model Author, Model Date, Other Key Info

Physics news on Phys.org
bluestar said:
Does anyone have Volume 60 Issue 2 of the American Journal of Physics Published 02/1992? I am interested in the article ‘Independent-particle models of the 1930s’ by Karen E Johnson

Hopefully, someone can provide me the following information for all models listed the article?

Model Name, Model Author, Model Date, Other Key Info

I have it. But the information is not summarized in a table. You want me to read the whole article and summarize it!? I am a bit too busy with marking right now to do that.

Gosh, I really would prefer to read the 8 page article myself. If you could make a copy and mail it to me I’ll provide you the mailing address offline. The article pages were 164-172.

bluestar said:
Gosh, I really would prefer to read the 8 page article myself. If you could make a copy and mail it to me I’ll provide you the mailing address offline. The article pages were 164-172.

I would have to pay the postage of my own pocket but I am willing to do that. Write to me privately.

Patrick

bluestar said:

why not just scan it and send via jpeg or pdf?

indigojoker said:
why not just scan it and send via jpeg or pdf?

Good idea..I 'll try to see if I can use a scanner.
Thanks

nrqed said:
Good idea..I 'll try to see if I can use a scanner.
Thanks

I have a subscription, and I downloaded the pdf file for the article. Sorry for not doing this before. Hope you see this before you scan.

bluestar, if you want, pm me your email, and I'll send the article.

George Jones said:
I have a subscription, and I downloaded the pdf file for the article. Sorry for not doing this before. Hope you see this before you scan.

bluestar, if you want, pm me your email, and I'll send the article.

Great..Thank you Georges! I could not have scanned before Monday anyway.

1. What is the purpose of the American Journal of Physics?

The American Journal of Physics is a peer-reviewed academic journal that focuses on publishing original research and review articles on all aspects of physics, including theoretical, experimental, and educational topics.

2. How often is the American Journal of Physics published?

The American Journal of Physics is published monthly, with 12 issues per year.

3. Who can submit articles to the American Journal of Physics?

Any scientist or researcher can submit an article to the American Journal of Physics, regardless of their affiliation or location.

4. How long does the review process take for submissions to the American Journal of Physics?

The review process for submissions to the American Journal of Physics typically takes around 3-4 months. However, this may vary depending on the complexity and length of the article.

5. Is the American Journal of Physics open access?

No, the American Journal of Physics is not an open access journal. However, authors can choose to make their articles open access for an additional fee.