Director Q&A in Gifted Class: Seen It, Heard About It, What?

• Thread starter binzing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary: I was a 'guinea pig' for the drug companies! ha ha, good one.In summary, the director is coming into our gifted class to have a Q and A about his new movie about methamphetamine. What, hydrogen methamphetamine?
binzing
Seen it, heard about it, what? The director is coming into our gifted class to have a Q and A about it.

Physics news on Phys.org
What, hydrogen methamphetamine?

methamphetamine, AKA "Ice"...

This babe drug causes really bad hallucinations, huge amounts of adrenalin is produced .

And reports of a resulting congenital adrenal hyperplasia.

Einstienear

I know what it can do, I've seen years of stuff on it. Just wondering if anyone had seen this documentary. We watched about half of it today. The director is from my town and there are a few scenes in my town. Meth is a huge problem here. Just thought I'd see if anyone had seen it.

binzing said:
I know what it can do, I've seen years of stuff on it. Just wondering if anyone had seen this documentary. We watched about half of it today. The director is from my town and there are a few scenes in my town. Meth is a huge problem here. Just thought I'd see if anyone had seen it.

Where do you live.

Giving the fact that meth is a HUGE problem in America , you live in America?

And what do you mean "we watched half of it today", your still in school?

(pardon me, not only meth ,but EVERY single other drug that can kill you as well)

Einstienear

I live in San Juan county, New Mexico, USA. I was saying that we had watched half the documentary in one of my classes today, and on Monday we will finish it, then on Tuesday the director will be coming to our class to answer questions.

binzing said:
the director will be coming to our class to answer questions.
Suggested good question:
How can we avoid it by abstinence and loving Jesus to become more profitable memebrs of society.

Avoid questions such as:
In stage three of the synthesis I'm getting very low yields, what Ph buffer should I be using?

Ha ha, good ones, but meth has nothing to do with abstinence.

If you find these propaganda films as annoying as most bright kids you can have some fun with the guy.
Ask how to make meth, when he (obviously) won't tell you, ask if only adults can know - he will say adults shouldn't know how to make meth either.
You can then either ask if there are other bits of science it's too dangerous for people to know ( and make him look like some ignorant villager in a frankenstein movie)
or ask if drug companies know how to make it eg ( Merck or Bayer ) when he says yes, ask why it's ok for foreigners ( pick Swiss/German drug co) but not Americans to know.

Anyways... you guys should check it out. Rent it, buy it, or whatever. Its pretty well done.

mgb_phys said:
If you find these propaganda films as annoying as most bright kids you can have some fun with the guy.
Ask how to make meth, when he (obviously) won't tell you, ask if only adults can know - he will say adults shouldn't know how to make meth either.
You can then either ask if there are other bits of science it's too dangerous for people to know ( and make him look like some ignorant villager in a frankenstein movie)
or ask if drug companies know how to make it eg ( Merck or Bayer ) when he says yes, ask why it's ok for foreigners ( pick Swiss/German drug co) but not Americans to know.

Haha, good one.

mgb_phys said:
In stage three of the synthesis I'm getting very low yields, what Ph buffer should I be using?

:rofl:

From my understanding, to make meth you just mix a bunch of sh!t together and heat it.

binzing said:
From my understanding, to make meth you just mix a bunch of sh!t together and heat it.

Yeah, that's a good way to get yourself killed.

And they do! There are meth "lab" explosions all the time.

Now you sir,
are awesome.

For some reason teachers (from kindergarten onwards) would always find a 'special' task for me to do somewhere else whenever we had visitors.
Even worse was that I never realized the reason for this until my wife pointed it out 20 years later!

binzing said:
And they do! There are meth "lab" explosions all the time.

Haha, Have you been at a crime scene when one of them actually happened?

And since the meth must be diluted in hydrogen, a large pressurised glass bowl is indeed needed, 70 % of explosions occur in the hydrogen tank.

We usually bury the meth making criminal the next day. LOL

Einstienear

What is a Director Q&A in Gifted Class?

A Director Q&A in Gifted Class is an opportunity for students to ask questions and engage in discussion with a director, typically of a film or play, about their work and creative process.

Why is a Director Q&A important in a Gifted Class?

A Director Q&A allows students to gain insight into the artistic and creative process, as well as the industry, from a professional. It also provides an opportunity for students to develop critical thinking skills and ask thought-provoking questions.

How is a Director Q&A structured?

In a Gifted Class, a Director Q&A is typically structured as an informal discussion, with students asking questions and the director providing answers and insights. It may also include a screening of the director's work beforehand for students to analyze and discuss.

What are the benefits of a Director Q&A in Gifted Class?

A Director Q&A in Gifted Class can inspire students to pursue their own artistic passions, expose them to new perspectives and ideas, and encourage them to think critically and analytically about the creative process.

How can I prepare for a Director Q&A in my Gifted Class?

To prepare for a Director Q&A, students can research the director's work and background, come up with thoughtful and relevant questions, and actively listen and engage in the discussion. It may also be helpful to take notes and reflect on the experience afterwards.