Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

American Propaganda

1. Mar 30, 2006 #1
    I know not everybody on this board is an American and I would love to know who else in the world believes that they are free from their government trying to instill their values onto the common people.

Propaganda, as defined as "the systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause"[1], can clearly be seen on U.S. currency. (In God We Trust) Also I suggested that the United States had something in common with other more oprressive regimes, suchas the Soviet Union or nazi Germany. I mentioned the pledge of allegiance as a form of brainwashing. This is a fact. It's the same message repeated over and over and over again all through the kid's trip through the education system. This got compared to the hitler youth which was an entirely different program. But the usage of propaganda is the similar element between these various regimes.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 30, 2006 #2

Staff: Mentor

Yet you haven't posted anything to substantiate your opinion.

Not acccording to the dictionary

1 : a forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas

Guess it's not brainwashing after all.

Thread locked.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?