Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Amide coupling reagents

  1. Aug 4, 2004 #1
    I'm trying to find a coupling reagent for reacting an amine with a carboxylic acid. Currently I am using TBTU with fenchyl amine hydrochloride, but the amine seems not to want to react witht the carboxylic acid. Are there some better coupling reagents than TBTU out there that anyone knows of?
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2004 #2


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    Here's a whole list of them:


    They've got the CAS numbers listed there so you can cross-reference them to a chemical catalog.

    I would say the ones I have seen the most often are CDI, HOBT, DCC, and EDCI.
  4. Aug 4, 2004 #3
    awesome thanks!
  5. Aug 5, 2004 #4
    I don't have anything to contribute to this thread, however you two dudes seem into this whole chemistry game.

    Perhaps you'd be interested in the following forum:

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook