Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Amino acids

1. Dec 10, 2011 #1
    hi,
    I've got a problem,which 3 amino acids are non-chiral ? I know there are many of them but I suppose they're only asking about those which are in organisms... I know about glycine but what are the other two ? thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 10, 2011 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Google a list of proteinogenic aminoacids and check. It is not that hard.

4. Dec 10, 2011 #3
    yes I've checked the table and the only non-chiral amino acid I found is glycine... so I;m asking what could be the other two they meant ....

5. Dec 10, 2011 #4

Ygggdrasil

Science Advisor

I'm fairly certain that glycine is the only non-chiral proteinogenic amino acid.

6. Dec 10, 2011 #5

epenguin

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Maybe it's a despicable trick question as they didn't say alpha amino acid nor proteinogenic?

7. Dec 11, 2011 #6
    they didn't say literally that which 3 proteinogenic , but I suppose they meant that because the text before talks about the amino acids in organims ... I answered it with Asx Xle and Glx ... I know that it has pretty much nothing to do with chirality....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook