Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Amount of sleep?

1. Oct 28, 2008 #1
    Hey guys,
    After my one psychology class, which we studied the cycles of sleep, I thought to myself, if the 4th cycle of sleep only occurs usually 2 times in an 8 hour period of sleep, both occurring in the first half of that period, why not sleep twice a day? After lookin closer, most of the deep sleep, which is most replenishing to the body (just from what I know from this psych class... If this is not true, please let me know), it appeared that most of this deep sleep actually occurs in the first hour and a half to two hours. So, for a little while I have been sort of tryingt to change my schedule up. Although I haven't been doing it perfectly, I have been usualy sleeping around a total of 4 hours, usually a bit more. What i do is have two seperate times to sleep, each roughly 2 hours, one at night, one at midday. So far, I have to say that I feel less tired than I normally would with say, 6 hours of sleep. When i first wake up, I always feel like crap for about 10 minutes, but once I get a little water and something to eat, I feel great, its just getting past that beginning.

Anwyay, anyone else ever experiment with this? So far it seems good to me but I dont know if in the long run it is going to take a toll on me.

Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted