Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Medical Amount of sleep?

1. Oct 28, 2008 #1
    Hey guys,
    After my one psychology class, which we studied the cycles of sleep, I thought to myself, if the 4th cycle of sleep only occurs usually 2 times in an 8 hour period of sleep, both occurring in the first half of that period, why not sleep twice a day? After lookin closer, most of the deep sleep, which is most replenishing to the body (just from what I know from this psych class... If this is not true, please let me know), it appeared that most of this deep sleep actually occurs in the first hour and a half to two hours. So, for a little while I have been sort of tryingt to change my schedule up. Although I haven't been doing it perfectly, I have been usualy sleeping around a total of 4 hours, usually a bit more. What i do is have two seperate times to sleep, each roughly 2 hours, one at night, one at midday. So far, I have to say that I feel less tired than I normally would with say, 6 hours of sleep. When i first wake up, I always feel like crap for about 10 minutes, but once I get a little water and something to eat, I feel great, its just getting past that beginning.

Anwyay, anyone else ever experiment with this? So far it seems good to me but I dont know if in the long run it is going to take a toll on me.

Thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted