1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Amplifier voltage output error

1. Sep 30, 2006 #1
    I've assembled an amplifier circuit which is composed by a V1 and V2 input and Vo output.V1 is 1V and V2 varies from -5v to +7v with increments of 0.5v.
    The formula for Vo is:

Vo=(1+R2/R1)x(R4/(R3+R4)xV2) - (R2/R1)xV1

My questions are:why does the equation |Vo experimental - Vo theory| gives wrong values(Vo experimental is the output I got after testing the assembled circuit and Vo theory is when substituting the values on the equation)?Also,why are the value of the output voltage when I simulate the circuit on microsim different from the voltage theory and experimental output values?Could the experimental value result be influenced by the internal resistance of the measurement device?
    Thanks in advance for the reply!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2006 #2
    Could anyone help me on this?

4. Oct 2, 2006 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What do you get for your calculated, experimental and simulated values? It's kind of hard for us to help you unless we can see a table of the values. And if you could post a schematic of your amplifier, with voltage rails and component values specified that would help. Do you only get errors near the extremes, or do you get errors in the mid-range as well?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?