Amplitude to DC (1 Viewer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

My scenario:
LNA 433MHz signal (21dB) from antenna and the difference between the two signals with a 4.1dB gain. I would like to take the result of the difference amplifier an produce a DC value that is proportional to the output.

Question 1:
What type of circuit would lower the frequency to something like 50MHz?

Question 2:
What type of circuit would take the amplitude of a 50MHz sine wave signal and convert it to a DC voltage that is proportional?

Many thanks!
Answer 1:
A mixer

Answer 2:
A detector diode.

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving