Amusing line from the Bible

Yes the important part is 'why'
Is it a law because your wife touching another mans rude bits is rude or does it really mean targeting a mans dangly bits is against the rules of fair fight - even if you are a defending your husband.
Moses doesn't forbid groin kicks but reaching in and grabbing by hand. Clearly it is manual contact with another man's private that is an abomination. It must also have happened a few times to warrant a law about that. An ancient martial art of the desert? I'm sure your wife is allowed to swing a baseball bat to the groin without offending Moses in any way. Just keep your hand clean lest you lose it. Your foot and your baseball bat are safe.

Now let's talk about seafood...

I dunno, it still seems to me that someone was saying, "It is so not fair... women don't even have those sensitive parts!" and tried to ensconce it in holy law.

Which kind of implies that the flying spaghetti monster god must exist, and if we worship our god at 10 am, then it's ok to have the monster god over for tea at 11.
As long as you're not worshipping a small golden figurine of the FSM, you're, uh, golden.

Yes the important part is 'why'
Is it a law because your wife touching another mans rude bits is rude or does it really mean targeting a mans dangly bits is against the rules of fair fight - even if you are a defending your husband.

It does have real modern implications. Would using depleted uranium rounds or chemcial weapons such as agent orange which might have reproductive side effects be against god's law?
why is this a mystery? nothing is more important than maintaining the fertility and survival of the fledgling hebrew nation. anything that impedes this is bad. this is also why anal sex is bad: they needed babies, not birth control. i'm not sure if onanism and siring your dead brother's sons come into play here, as i think that was more about humiliating the woman.

how things like this apply in a fully replenished earth and thriving jewish community is anyone's guess, but you certainly don't hear of one-handed jewish women, do you? interestingly (to me at least), intentional reproductive violence is considered genocide, and the man who invented the term and fought to see laws enacted against it was a jew.

Evo
Mentor
Probably a good place to end the thread as the thread is crossing the boundary on religious discussion.