1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Amusment park design

1. Feb 28, 2007 #1
    1. o.k. its been awhile for me, and i'm running on empty. using centrifical force calulations, I'm needing to design an amusment ride that is: 10 people stand in a cylinder that is 5 stories high. The radius 2 meters. when the cylinder rotates a proper rotational speed, the bottom will open, but due to centrifical force no one falls out.

where do I begin? :uhh:
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2007 #2

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, srvimisu.

I don't understand your description of the cylinder dimensions, but whatever. The Homework Help Template that came up when you started the thread (and which you deleted, I guess) asks you to state what the relevant equations and concepts are. Please tell us what you know about coefficients of friction, what centripital acceleration is, what the equation F=ma means, and what you know about Free Body Diagrams.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?