What Are the Benefits of Eating Traktkantarell Mushrooms?

• Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Abundance
In summary, Norway has a law that forbids people from harvesting mushrooms for their own personal use on wilderness lands, but allows for commercial harvesting.
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
An abundance of yellow legs!

The mushroom season is upon me, and this week-end, I picked 7.5 kg of this fellow:
http://www.mediabasen.no/d/22616-2/Traktkantarell+045.jpg

They're yummy good! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org

Do you do anything to seasonally promote their growth or are you just harvesting what you can find? (don't know about your property)

Hepth said:
Do you do anything to seasonally promote their growth or are you just harvesting what you can find? (don't know about your property)
Property?
What property??

For the last 1000 years or so, owners of wilderness lands in Norway are forbidden to prevent people from harvesting berries, nuts, mushrooms for their own personal use on that land.
For the harvesting of hazel-nuts, this was put into the legal code of King Magnus the Law Maker, who reigned from 1263-1280 AD. That law is still valid in 21st century Norway.

Harvesting for commercial purposes, however, is reserved for the owner, along with rights of pasture, hunting, felling of timber and so on.

It is, by the way, for most mushrooms, impossible to cultivate them, or add specifically effective fertilizers, because we do not as yet have sufficient knowledge of what specific ingredients the mushrooms needs.

Champignon and garbageake are the only two exceptions I know of.

Last edited:

I envy you Arildno. Before the drought hit, there was an overabundance of some scary looking mushrooms down in the ravine. I wanted to get a closer look, but I couldn't make it down to them.

arildno said:
http://www.mediabasen.no/d/22616-2/Traktkantarell+045.jpg

They're yummy good! :smile:

Close relative to

[URL]http://www.bpp.com.pl/IMG/kurka.jpg[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

I know those mushrooms. They're actually only second-cousins, but it's a very tight family

I thought you meant the bird
Lesser-Yellowlegs-worn-juvenile-w-bill-open-_V5W0488--Jamiaca-Bay-Wildlife-Refuge,-Queens,-NY.jpg

Also yummy good :)

Chi Meson said:
I thought you meant the bird

My first thought was that there is a hepatitis outbreak in Norway. :rofl:

arildno said:
For the last 1000 years or so, owners of wilderness lands in Norway are forbidden to prevent people from harvesting berries, nuts, mushrooms for their own personal use on that land.

Wow. I'd be in prison if I lived in your country.

For the harvesting of hazel-nuts, this was put into the legal code of King Magnus the Law Maker, who reigned from 1263-1280 AD. That law is still valid in 21st century Norway.

Wow. I'd be in prison twice.

Anyone ever heard of pralines and cream? Guess what? Hazelnuts. Yum!

mugaliens said:

If you lived in his country you would know about that law, free roam is one of the defining features for the Scandinavian countries.

Ivan Seeking said:
My first thought was that there is a hepatitis outbreak in Norway. :rofl:

I was rather thinking about Chinese chorus line.

mugaliens said:

Yes, how dreadful isn't it, that not all countries have the same property laws than the ones you fancy are objectively valid? Hmm?

arildno said:
Yes, how dreadful isn't it, that not all countries have the same property laws than the ones you fancy are objectively valid? Hmm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9p8xxgT748

1. What is the meaning of "An abundance of yellow legs"?

"An abundance of yellow legs" is a phrase used to describe a large number or a surplus of animals or objects with yellow legs. It can also refer to an abundance of yellow legged species in a particular ecosystem.

2. Which animals have yellow legs?

Several animals have yellow legs, including certain species of birds, reptiles, and insects. Some examples include yellow-crowned night herons, yellow-bellied sliders, and yellow-legged meadowhawks.

3. Why do some animals have yellow legs?

The color of an animal's legs can serve different purposes, such as camouflage, attracting a mate, or warning predators. In the case of yellow legs, it can help an animal blend in with its surroundings or indicate to predators that they are toxic or unpalatable.

4. How can an abundance of yellow legs affect an ecosystem?

An abundance of yellow legged species in an ecosystem can have various impacts. For example, if a certain species with yellow legs is a predator, it can affect the population of its prey. Similarly, if a species with yellow legs is a pollinator, it can influence the distribution and abundance of certain plant species.

5. Are yellow legs a result of genetic mutations?

In some cases, yellow legs can be a result of genetic mutations, leading to a change in pigmentation. However, in other cases, it can be a natural characteristic of a particular species. Further research is needed to determine the exact causes of yellow legs in different animals.