Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An accretion in extreme condition

1. Oct 31, 2014 #1
    Hello,
    I have an extreme question :) Let's assume that here are Primordial Black Holes (PBH) in range 10^15 - 10^24 g for example. What would happen if some of them get into the some other object(Sun, Planet or compact object) and settle in the center (ideal case). I have computed radius of this PBHs, it is in range 10^(-8) - 1 cm (scale of atom 10^(-8)cm ). I have read Gravitation (MTW) paragraph "The fate of man who falls into the singularity" (p.680) and Black holes, white dwarfs and neutron star Shapiro, Teukolsky "Hydrodynamic spherical accretion" (p.412). But I mean if such PHB is within some mass, I cant interpolate this problem by hydrodynamical assumption etc. Do you know how describe this problem, something about that or if exists some text about this?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2014 #2

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

The Wikipedia page on micro black holes gives a decent summary of the current state of knowledge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole

I don't know of any detailed treatments other than the Shapiro & Teukolsky one. Perhaps some of the other experts on PF do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook