Accretion in Extreme Conditions: PBHs & More

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential impact of Primordial Black Holes (PBH) ranging from 10^15 to 10^24 g on other objects, such as the Sun or planets, if they were to settle in their center. The radius of these PBHs is estimated to be between 10^(-8) to 1 cm, and the conversation mentions two sources that discuss the fate of objects falling into the singularity of a black hole. The Wikipedia page on micro black holes is suggested as a source for further information on this topic.
Vrbic
Hello,
I have an extreme question :) Let's assume that here are Primordial Black Holes (PBH) in range 10^15 - 10^24 g for example. What would happen if some of them get into the some other object(Sun, Planet or compact object) and settle in the center (ideal case). I have computed radius of this PBHs, it is in range 10^(-8) - 1 cm (scale of atom 10^(-8)cm ). I have read Gravitation (MTW) paragraph "The fate of man who falls into the singularity" (p.680) and Black holes, white dwarfs and neutron star Shapiro, Teukolsky "Hydrodynamic spherical accretion" (p.412). But I mean if such PHB is within some mass, I can't interpolate this problem by hydrodynamical assumption etc. Do you know how describe this problem, something about that or if exists some text about this?

Physics news on Phys.org
The Wikipedia page on micro black holes gives a decent summary of the current state of knowledge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_black_hole

I don't know of any detailed treatments other than the Shapiro & Teukolsky one. Perhaps some of the other experts on PF do.

Likes Vrbic

1. What is accretion in extreme conditions?

Accretion in extreme conditions refers to the process of matter gathering and accumulating onto a central object, such as a black hole, in extreme environments with high temperatures and pressures.

2. What are PBHs?

PBHs, or primordial black holes, are theoretical black holes that are believed to have formed during the early universe. They are thought to have formed from density fluctuations in the early universe and have masses ranging from a few grams to millions of solar masses.

3. How do PBHs form?

PBHs are thought to form from the collapse of regions with high density fluctuations in the early universe. These fluctuations can occur due to quantum fluctuations or the collisions of cosmic strings. As the regions collapse, they form black holes with masses ranging from small to large.

4. What are some extreme conditions that can lead to PBH formation?

Some extreme conditions that can lead to PBH formation include high temperatures and pressures, as well as high energy collisions between particles. These conditions can be found in the early universe, during supernova explosions, and in the cores of galaxies.

5. What are some potential applications of studying accretion in extreme conditions?

Studying accretion in extreme conditions can provide insights into the formation and behavior of black holes, as well as help us understand the evolution of the universe. It can also have practical applications, such as improving our understanding of nuclear fusion and developing new technologies for energy production and space travel.