Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An age-old problem

1. Apr 24, 2005 #1
    If you ask your mother for one egg and she cooks two and you eat them both, then who is better at math, you or your mother?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2005 #2
    Mount Rushmore. :tongue2:

4. Apr 24, 2005 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

as my name states, yomamma :rofl:

5. Apr 24, 2005 #4
    um ... Neither, the egg was double-yolked ?

6. Apr 25, 2005 #5
    none of us is bad at math.

because if here two eggs equal one, then 2=1.

I am one person and the pope another one, so if 2=1, and we are two persons, we are the same person, or what is the same, I am the pope.

7. Apr 25, 2005 #6
    Your mother is better.
    That she cooked two eggs it doesn't mean that she cooked them for YOU.
    And because of your (oh, i surely don't mean "you" :) ) foolish behaviour your mother was left hungry!

8. Apr 25, 2005 #7
    Also It may be that me and my mother are great capitalsts. We want two before one. And if we are aiming one, but we get two, then we eat the benefits.

9. Apr 25, 2005 #8

JamesU

Gold Member

what type of egg is it? how was it coocked? how big was it? DETAILS!!!!!! :surprised

10. Apr 26, 2005 #9
    wow i guess this is the ONLY true and real answer out of the other posted one. this shows pure thinking to regenerate new idea. congratulation :!!)

11. Apr 26, 2005 #10
    yes, good one.

although math isn't everything in this life, no way, you might be bad at math but you are good at life-subjects.

12. Apr 26, 2005 #11
    'Star Wars' Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? '/Star Wars'

13. Apr 26, 2005 #12
    that is a good brain teaser. really good one.

but I have a lot of free time to think about these things, and no ofence, I have nothing against you, but.......

order of foolishment (Invented word, I think):

1) The foolish that calls foolish to the foolish that calls foolish the foolish and calls foolish the followers of the foolish (me)

2) The foolish that calls foolish the foolish and calls foolish the followers of the foolish (you, sorry, don't take it too seriously)

3) The not-foolish that simply acts as a foolish

4) the followers of the foolish

5) the commenters of the foolish (me, you, him, her.....)

6) the least foolsih of all, is the actual foolsih, because he manished to have followers, have immitators, have comenters......

14. Apr 26, 2005 #13
    Change "two" to "too" and you get both of them bad at math. :tongue2:
    Don't think about it too long it's canabalism.

First thought, the mother is bad at math since she cooked two instead of one. Second thought, the child is bad at math because she cooked two; but only meant one to be for him. Third thought, the mother is bad at math because the child simply asked for one egg, not cooked, so because she cooked his, he ate hers as well. Fourth thought, he asked for one egg, not cooked, she cooked two (somethings), and he ate them both (whatever they were), so no issue with math, they could both be good or bad at math.

15. Apr 26, 2005 #14
    Must be an ethnic thing. My mother always gave me more than I could possibly finish and constantly complained that I didn't eat enough. That's why she cooked two when I asked for one. I would say mom's math, like mom's cooking, is best. Whobody disagrees?

16. Apr 27, 2005 #15
    you're dad may be???

17. Apr 27, 2005 #16
    No, Dad always said Mom's cooking was best. How about you?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?