You vs. Mom: Who's Better at Math?

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses who is better at math when asking for one egg and receiving two. It is suggested that neither the child nor the mother are bad at math, but rather that there may be cultural or personal reasons for the mother cooking two eggs. It is also mentioned that math is not the only important aspect of life. The conversation then shifts to a Star Wars quote about foolishness and the idea is introduced that there are different levels of foolishness. The conversation then goes back to discussing the egg scenario and the possibility of it being cannibalism. Ultimately, it is concluded that both the mother and child may be good or bad at math, but in the end, the mother's cooking is considered best.
Jimmy Snyder
If you ask your mother for one egg and she cooks two and you eat them both, then who is better at math, you or your mother?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mount Rushmore. :tongue2:

as my name states, yomamma :rofl:

um ... Neither, the egg was double-yolked ?

none of us is bad at math.

because if here two eggs equal one, then 2=1.

I am one person and the pope another one, so if 2=1, and we are two persons, we are the same person, or what is the same, I am the pope.

jimmysnyder said:
If you ask your mother for one egg and she cooks two and you eat them both, then who is better at math, you or your mother?

Your mother is better.
That she cooked two eggs it doesn't mean that she cooked them for YOU.
And because of your (oh, i surely don't mean "you" :) ) foolish behaviour your mother was left hungry!

Also It may be that me and my mother are great capitalsts. We want two before one. And if we are aiming one, but we get two, then we eat the benefits.

what type of egg is it? how was it coocked? how big was it? DETAILS!

0°0'0" said:
Your mother is better.
And because of your (oh, i surely don't mean "you" :) ) foolish behaviour your mother was left hungry!

wow i guess this is the ONLY true and real answer out of the other posted one. this shows pure thinking to regenerate new idea. congratulation :!)

0°0'0" said:
Your mother is better.

yes, good one.

although math isn't everything in this life, no way, you might be bad at math but you are good at life-subjects.

'Star Wars' Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? '/Star Wars'

Icebreaker said:
'Star Wars' Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? '/Star Wars'

that is a good brain teaser. really good one.

but I have a lot of free time to think about these things, and no ofence, I have nothing against you, but...

order of foolishment (Invented word, I think):

1) The foolish that calls foolish to the foolish that calls foolish the foolish and calls foolish the followers of the foolish (me)

2) The foolish that calls foolish the foolish and calls foolish the followers of the foolish (you, sorry, don't take it too seriously)

3) The not-foolish that simply acts as a foolish

4) the followers of the foolish

5) the commenters of the foolish (me, you, him, her...)

6) the least foolsih of all, is the actual foolsih, because he manished to have followers, have immitators, have comenters...

jimmysnyder said:

Change "two" to "too" and you get both of them bad at math. :tongue2:
Don't think about it too long it's canabalism.

First thought, the mother is bad at math since she cooked two instead of one. Second thought, the child is bad at math because she cooked two; but only meant one to be for him. Third thought, the mother is bad at math because the child simply asked for one egg, not cooked, so because she cooked his, he ate hers as well. Fourth thought, he asked for one egg, not cooked, she cooked two (somethings), and he ate them both (whatever they were), so no issue with math, they could both be good or bad at math.

Must be an ethnic thing. My mother always gave me more than I could possibly finish and constantly complained that I didn't eat enough. That's why she cooked two when I asked for one. I would say mom's math, like mom's cooking, is best. Whobody disagrees?

you're dad may be?

No, Dad always said Mom's cooking was best. How about you?

1. How do you determine who is better at math between you and your mom?

The determination is based on a series of math questions and problems that both you and your mom will be asked to complete. The one who answers the most questions correctly and accurately will be considered the better math student.

2. Is there a specific math topic that will be tested in the "You vs. Mom" competition?

No, the competition will cover a wide range of math topics to evaluate a person's overall math skills and abilities.

3. Can we use calculators during the competition?

No, the competition is designed to test a person's mental math skills without the use of any external aids such as calculators.

4. How long does the "You vs. Mom" competition usually last?

The duration of the competition may vary, but on average it can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending on the number of questions and the speed at which both participants complete them.

5. Is there a prize for the winner of the "You vs. Mom" competition?

The competition is usually done for fun and to test one's math skills. However, you can choose to have a small prize for the winner, such as bragging rights or a fun activity together.