Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An AP Physics Project.

1. Jan 30, 2009 #1
    I am not exactly sure if this topic if relevant to this thread, so sorry in advance if it is not. I am currently in the 9th Grade, my AP Physics class is doing a individual project and I have absolutely no ideas. I am thinking about a Gauss Cannon or something. Maybe a levitating device such as the proposed idea of how " UFO's" fly. Using a magnetic field. Any help would be asolutely fantastic, and great site by the way.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 30, 2009 #2

Staff: Mentor

Real magnetic levitation only works over short distances, like a couple inches.

To get you started, I used a PF forum search for Project in the titles of threads. There have been lots of similar threads here. Here is the hit list from the search:

Read through some of those threads to see if they help spark any ideas. You can also google science fair projects to get other ideas.

Welcome to the PF.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?