1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An automatic charger

1. Jan 11, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

i need to build a circuit which can charge a 12V 10 A battery to reach a votltage A and then stops charging until it reaches a voltage B it will rechrge again . i wanna do this using thyristor

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    i found a circuit for a 12 v 4A it will reach A but i donno how to control B

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 11, 2008 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Jan 12, 2008 #3
    no sir it wont work cz 1st i ne the two voltagers not to be A and -A i need them to be A and B second i need to do that using thyristor

5. Jan 12, 2008 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

With a voltage divider, you can get A and B to be any posivite value you want between the positive and negative terminals of your battery. Then use these values as inputs to a couple of op-amps used as comparators. You should then be able use the comparator outputs to find a way to switch your charger on/off while using thyristors.

6. Jan 13, 2008 #5
    well it is a good idea but i canot use op amps sorry for wasting ur time any other ideas . i just can use thyristor diodes and resistors

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?