Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An electronic circuit ?

1. Mar 17, 2006 #1
    [​IMG]

for the following circuit find and draw V(out) if the V(in) signal is a sine wave with amplitude of 10V (Consider all diodes to be ideal)

This is the problem , could any one plz solve it 4 me ?:?:

10x

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 17, 2006 #2

mezarashi

Homework Helper

The policy is that we don't do homework for you. Would you please explain how you have tried to solve this problem so far?

4. Mar 17, 2006 #3
    ok , no problem

i've solved it but i dont know if it is true

i have taken two values

one as 10 v

and other as - 10 v

and i have got as result two out put voltages (one for 10 v and one for

- 10 v)

and solved the problem normally after that

but , is my solving correct ? is this how i should solve the problem ?

5. Mar 17, 2006 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Just start by drawing the Vo versus Vi graph for a linearly increasing Vi from -10V to +10V. You wll find different behavior regions where the various diodes go from Off to On. Figure out what these voltages are where the diode behaviors change (how many regions are there?), and solve each one separately. Then you can plot the Vo response to a Vi sine wave to finish answering the homework question.

6. Mar 17, 2006 #5
    No berkeman, the OP said to consider all diodes to be ideal. Eng_Electo, your approach is correct. Tell us what your answers are.

7. Mar 17, 2006 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Even with ideal diodes, it seems like the input impedance and transfer function will change with input voltage, based on the bias voltages in series with the diodes. Pushing the input voltage high is a lot easier, for example, than pulling it low where the first clamp stage will be operating.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?