1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

An equation about local conservation in quantum mechanics

1. Oct 13, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Like ordinary wave, a particle’s wave function can be described as countless line of sine wave’s superposition. However it can also be clarified as vibration (the complex amplitude still follow the rule of local conservation) I think these two explanation are equal. Am I wrong? You can regard it as wave superposition and use Fourier transform to calculate the momentum P. However, if you regard it as vibration, how to do it?
    2. Relevant equations
    3. The attempt at a solution

This's the first time I have used this forum.There are some complex equations in the description of the question.So I use an image.The main description about the question is in the image.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted