An introductory course on RH.

1. Does someone know if there's a course offered on RH?

I mean reading the literature can be quite intimidating without some beckground before, I read somewhere that the prof from purdue (who allegedlly proved RH) was contemplating offering such a course, but didn't offer such a course.

2. jcsd
  3. If you mean to say Riemann Hypothesis by 'RH' ,here's a good book:
    Prime Obsession (by J. Derbyshire).

4. a phycisist approach to RH , is a bit simpler it use the approximate asymptotic formula

[tex] f^{-1} (x) = \sqrt (4\pi ) \frac{d^{-1/2}g(x)}{dx^{-1/2}} [/tex]

this formula is valid only for one spatial dimension (x,t) , so the conjectured WKB approximation for the inverse of the potential inside the Hamiltonian

[tex] -D^{2}+f(x) [/tex] with D meaning derivative respect to 'x' is

[tex] \pi f^{-1}(x) = \int_{0}^{x} \frac{g(t)dt}{(x-t)^{1/2}} [/tex]

with [tex] g(s)= (-i)^{1/2}\frac{ \xi ' (1/2+is)}{\xi(1/2+is)}+(i)^{1/2}\frac{ \xi ' (1/2-is)}{\xi(1/2-is)} [/tex]

since for RH [tex] g(s)= dN(s) [/tex] and [tex] N(E)= \frac{1}{\pi}Arg \xi(1/2+iE) [/tex]

5. I think I would be interested in working on such a project although I think it would be better titled as the zeta function and approached through a strong foundation in Complex Analysis. I'm not an expert though.

6. I'll second this, just finishing it up actually.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?