This is a problem I got from my friend. I think this can be solved linear algebra. Please help me to transform this problem to mathematical equations at least. Raju has an exam after 1 month , and daily he allots 4 hours for study. He has 3 subjects to study (A, B and C) for the exam. Subject A covers 10% of total contents in the syllabus for exam, B 40% and C the rest 50%. The marks weightage for subject A in the exam is 30%, for B is 10% and for C is 60%. Raju rates his subjects according to level of toughness , like A-3/3, B-1/3, C-2/3. (3/3 - very easy, 2/3-medium, 1/3-hard) .Now how Raju must allot his timetable for effective learning considering the above given parameters. That is how much time in hours must he spent for A, B and C subjects?