How Can I Use an Analog Switch to Obtain Specific Waveforms in My Circuit?

In summary, the conversation is about a problem with an analog switch DG201 in an analog design circuit. The circuit involves converting v(t) into a TTL square wave and passing it through a sample and hold circuit along with i(t). The problem is how to obtain waveforms C and D using the analog switch DG201, as there is no simulator model for it in the software being used. The solution discussed is using the CD4016 Quad Bilateral Switch, which requires a control signal (Vc) and has timing diagrams in the datasheet that need to be considered for the application.
syee10
Hi all,

I have a problem with an analog switch DG201 in my analog design circuit. The circuit has 2 input at the early stage, v(t) and i(t). v(t) will be changed into TTL square wave and go through a sample and hold circuit. And the i(t) will be go through the sample and hold circuit as well. The waveform is shown in Figure where waveform A is the v(t) TTL square wave coming out from the opamp. Waveform B is the output of the sample and hold circuit for v(t).
Now my problem is how am i going to obtain the waveform C and D by using the analog switch DG201? I am using labcenter proteus and there is no simulator model of DG201 in my simulation software. Is there any other switch/device can help me to obtain waveform C and D? Help me please. Thanks..

Attachments

• DG201-1.png
    DG201-1.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 559
  • DG201-2.png
    DG201-2.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 538
Engineering news on Phys.org
syee10 said:
I am using labcenter proteus and there is no simulator model of DG201 in my simulation software.
Does your simulator have the CD4016 Quad Bilateral Switch?

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/CD/CD4016BC.pdf"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i have it.. can you briefly explain to me how am i going to connect this Quad Bilateral Switch?

You need a control signal (Vc) to make the connection between input and output. You'll need to look at the timing diagrams in the data sheet to see if it will be fast enough for your application.

Hi..i have read through the datasheet of CD4016.. but i still dun understand it well @@
Based on my understanding, i need to perform a propagation delay time control to signal output which is in the Figure 1,2 or 3. Am i right?

1. What is an analog switch problem?

An analog switch problem refers to a malfunction or failure in an electronic circuit or device that causes the switch to not properly connect or disconnect the desired signals.

2. What are the common causes of analog switch problems?

The most common causes of analog switch problems include faulty components, poor soldering, incorrect wiring, power surges or fluctuations, and environmental factors such as heat or moisture.

3. How can I troubleshoot an analog switch problem?

To troubleshoot an analog switch problem, you can start by checking all the connections and making sure they are secure. You can also use a multimeter to test the voltage and continuity of the switch. If all else fails, you may need to replace the switch or consult a professional.

4. How can I prevent analog switch problems in the future?

To prevent analog switch problems, you should use high-quality components and make sure all connections are properly soldered. It is also important to use surge protectors and avoid exposing the circuit to extreme temperatures or humidity.

5. Can an analog switch problem be fixed?

In most cases, an analog switch problem can be fixed by identifying and replacing the faulty component or repairing any loose connections. However, if the problem is caused by a more serious issue, it may be necessary to replace the entire circuit or device.