1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Analog to Digital

1. Sep 22, 2004 #1
    from analog to digital(PCM/QAM)

I want to convert analog to digital.

I am recording analog signals in my firm and i want to make a programm witch helps me to decode fax informations.

if you know how to decode this analog signals witch is modulated with PCM/QAM, please help me.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Obviously, you'll need an ADC and a DSP. If you could tell us more about your system, we can be more helpful. Of course, you might want to consider hiring a contractor with the appropriate skills.

- Warren

4. Sep 22, 2004 #3
    ok

now i have connected with line in cable to the my phone cable. i am sending faxes to another line and recording it's analog signals with sound forge.

i have documentation about qam but i cant get any digits from this vawe files.

i am searching algorithm how to demodulate analog signals and get fax data as tiff, bmp or jpg or another fortmat

5. Sep 22, 2004 #4
    This product might help you: http://www.vectronics.com/vectronics/products.php?prodid=VEC-1613 [Broken]

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  6. Sep 23, 2004 #5
    no
    I not need any products.
    I want to write a program wich will be integrated in my system.

7. Sep 23, 2004 #6
    i am paralell connected to the analog phone line witch is using to send/receive faxes.
    i am recording this analog signals in vawe/pcm format.
    i know how fax protocol is working, but i don't know how modulates digital signals to analog... and how to demodulate analog signals and get digital data.

i am askign you...
    if you have any documentation about fax modulation or you can help me, please make it now.

8. Sep 23, 2004 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

IT_GE:

You're essentially asking us to give you a university-level education on signals and digital signal processing. It's quite simply outside the bounds of what we can teach you on an online forum. I suggest buying some books, or taking some classes. You need to learn quite a bit before you can do what you're trying to do.

- Warren

9. Sep 23, 2004 #8
    ok

chroot

i know how analog and digital signals work.

but i need documentation about fax modulation.

i can't find this documentation.

if you know where i can get this documentation please tel me.

10. Sep 25, 2004 #9
    IT_GE:
    Goto Google and look under Facsimile Coding Schemes
    I think you will find all the information you need.

11. Sep 25, 2004 #10
    IT_GE:
    if you know how to decode this analog signals witch is modulated with PCM/QAM, please help me.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    PCM=PULSE CODE MODULATION
    QAM=QUADRATURE AMPLITUTE MODULATION
    A FAX MODEM CONTAINS ALL THE HARDWARE TO CONVERT THE
    SIGNALS FROM ANALOGUE TO DIGITAL,use a programming language
    to capture-decode-manipulate-present digital data,there's very little
    decoding left to do,just get fax protocal details to give an idea what
    you have to do with the software

12. Sep 25, 2004 #11
    i suggest you buy from a vendor that provides you with complete
    tools--hardware-drivers-libs and make sure your programming language
    is compatible with those

13. Sep 25, 2004 #12
    ok
    thank
    i know what is qam and pcm.
    i have files witch is recorded as pcm wav file.
    i know fax is using qam for modulation/demodulation of digital data to/from analog sygnal.
    i know how to get tiff images from the digital data, but i don't know how to connvert this analog signals.
    i have documentation about modulation, but it not like the really situation and not works properly.
    i searched this info in google but no answer.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook