Analyse Flip-Flops: Strange Sequence Discovered?

• Thread starter James889
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation involves an analysis of a counter with a strange sequence that goes from state 000 ->100 ->100 and back to 100. The person wants to confirm if this conclusion is correct and asks for clarification on the 1T input and the connection of the Q0 and Q1 outputs. It is determined that the counter is made up of T flip-flops and the picture is correct with neither Q0 nor Q1 connected to anything. The expert concludes that the sequence is not correct based on the T flip-flop behavior and suggests figuring out Q1 based on its T input being Q2.
James889
Hi,

Im trying to analyse this counter
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/113/pngimg1.png

And my conclusion is that it has a very strange sequence
from state 000 ->100 ->100 and back again to 100...

I just wanted to check with you if that's correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
James889 said:
Hi,

Im trying to analyse this counter
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/113/pngimg1.png

And my conclusion is that it has a very strange sequence
from state 000 ->100 ->100 and back again to 100...

I just wanted to check with you if that's correct.

What is the 1T input? Is it the D input on a D flip-flop or the J input on a JK flip-flop or something different? And is the picture correct with neither the Q0 or Q1 outputs connected to anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
LCKurtz said:
What is the 1T input? Is it the D input on a D flip-flop or the J input on a JK flip-flop or something different? And is the picture correct with neither the Q0 or Q1 outputs connected to anything?

Hi, they are T flip-flops, and yes the picture is correct with neither the q0 nor q1 connected to anything.

I don't think your sequence can be correct. One thing for sure is that Q2 will toggle on every clock pulse which your sequence doesn't do. And Q0 won't change from whatever its starting state is. You just have to figure out Q1 knowing its T input is Q2. I get a repeating pattern of 4 independent of what Q0 is.

1. What is the "Analyse Flip-Flops: Strange Sequence Discovered" study about?

The study focuses on a strange sequence discovered in flip-flops, where they seem to randomly switch between being right-side-up and up-side-down.

2. What methods were used to analyze this strange sequence?

The researchers used various statistical methods to analyze the sequence, including regression analysis and time series analysis.

3. What were the findings of the study?

The study found that the strange sequence in flip-flops is a result of the movement and pressure of the wearer's foot, and is not caused by any external factors such as gravity or wind.

4. What implications does this study have?

This study can help us better understand the physics behind the movement of flip-flops and potentially improve their design for better comfort and durability.

5. Are there any future research directions for this study?

Yes, further research could be conducted to explore the impact of different materials and designs on the strange sequence in flip-flops, and to see if similar sequences exist in other types of footwear.