1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Analysis Book for Physicist

1. Jun 2, 2012 #1
    I'm looking for an analysis book. I was recommended Rudin but it proved too difficult for me. I've heard Lang's "Undergraduate Analysis" is a pretty good textbook. I'm an undergraduate in physics so my math backround is more limited than that of a math undergraduate.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2012 #2
    Do you have any exposure to formal proofs?

If not, you may want an advanced calculus text like Spivak or Fitzpatrick.

If so, try Pugh's analysis text.

4. Jun 2, 2012 #3
    I studied Calculus I from Spivak and Caclulus II from Marsden. Thanks mate :)

5. Jun 2, 2012 #4
  6. Jun 3, 2012 #5
    Pretty expensive for me right now (greek undergraduate :P)

7. Jun 5, 2012 #6

jasonRF

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If you look here:
    http://www.e-booksdirectory.com/listing.php?category=471

you will find some free books, one or more might be what you are looking for. The book by Ash has solutions to the problems, which may help. good luck.

jason

8. Jun 8, 2012 #7
    I would suggest Serge Lang's Undergraduate Analysis. To be honest, i didn't study it, but I studied his Linear Algebra and his Undegraduate Algebra, and I found them to be extremely useful and throughly well explained (being understood that "well explained" doesn't necessarily mean "easy")

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook