1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anatomy & Physiology

1. May 28, 2009 #1
    I'm a first year student Anatomy & Physiology and this really got to. I have been in Chemistry for about two weeks now and really need some help with this one.
    Questions is: Which of these is the pH of an acid solution?

A. pH 7.1
    B. pH 7.0
    C. pH 12.4
    D. pH 6.9
    E. pH 8.3

No Relevant equations

The attempt at a solution was to guest after reading about chemical bonding, Elements and compounds, but when I got to pH it was a whole new subject, with the K+ CI-KCI I have know idea. Please help me.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2009 #2
    You are on the Calculus forum, but in answer to your question acidic solutions have a pH of < 7.

4. May 28, 2009 #3

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Take a look at this wikipedia article, particularly the section titled Applications: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH.
    Freshly distilled water, which is neither acid nor alkiline, has a pH of 7.0. You should notice that one of your five choices is unlike the others, and is therefore the one you want.

5. May 29, 2009 #4
    Thank you, Mark so if I have any pH questions I can go to wikipedia.org

6. May 29, 2009 #5

7. May 29, 2009 #6

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook