Can Ancient Technology Work? Experiments & Flying Vimanas

• History
  • Thread starter username
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Technology
In summary, this website has questionable information about the Mercury Vortex Experiment. It is possible to replicate the experiment, although it is dangerous and has missing specifications.
username
Could this experiment ever work ?
http://server6.hypermart.net/netasys/ [Broken]

Im going to take over the world in a flying Vimana muahaha :)
------
Even better has anybody tried this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
I'm not sure if the "Mercury Vortex Experiment" would work or not, but I have to wonder about the directions, such as:
-What is the volume of the beaker used?
-How much is 5% of this unmentioned volume?
-How thick should the bottom copper plate be? (And should it have the same surface area as the bottom of the beaker?)
-How thick should the top copper plate be?
-How much voltage should you apply to "charge the beaker capacitor via a DC power source"?
-Does it matter what direction you stir the mercury?
-How much mercury vapor is produced when the charge is applied?
-What exactly does it mean that "This experiment could be very dangerous?"

I would catagorize anything on this site or it's links as "highly questionable".
For example, the anti-gravity theories, the free energy motor, etc.

I agree there is a lot of missing specifications of the experiment ( assuming it has ever been carried out that is ) and the general content of the site is highly dubious.

Maybe MagnetoHydroDynamics (MHD) could give a clue? Whatever probably the only way to know for sure is to experiment.

Originally posted by J-Man
BTW, this website has better "Ancient Technology" invented by a guy called Hero.

http://www.history.rochester.edu/steam/hero/

lol great stuff I want 'An Altar Organ blown by manual Labour' preferably powered by my boss :)

-What exactly does it mean that "This experiment could be very dangerous?"

I don't know if this is their reason or not, but it should be noted that handling mercury can lead to irreversable nerve damage (the phrase "mad as a hatter" came from insane behavior produced in people involved in using mercury nitrate in the making of felt hats).

Something that might interest you, an ancient lost civilization, possibly the oldest in the world, has been found submerged off the west cost of India. It is supposed to be 9500 years old, based on carbon dating of teeth, and artifacts found on the site.

Archaeologists are hedging on the date, siting the limitations of the carbon dating technique. Also, if this age is correct, it totaly changes archaeology because this site would predate all other known civilizations by about 4500 to 5000 years.

Here is a BBC story about the find.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/1923794.stm

Originally posted by Artman
I don't know if this is their reason or not, but it should be noted that handling mercury can lead to irreversable nerve damage (the phrase "mad as a hatter" came from insane behavior produced in people involved in using mercury nitrate in the making of felt hats).
Yeah I would not attempt this without a lab :(

site about this

this is a much more serious site

http://www.peter-thomson.co.uk

seems like he replicated the experiment

Last edited:

1. Can ancient technology really work in today's world?

There is ongoing debate about the capabilities of ancient technology, but there is evidence that some ancient civilizations had advanced knowledge in areas such as metallurgy, engineering, and mathematics. Whether or not they had the ability to create flying vimanas is still a topic of discussion.

2. What is a vimana and how does it work?

A vimana is a mythical flying machine described in ancient Indian texts. The descriptions vary, but they are often depicted as flying through the use of special mantras or chants. There is no scientific evidence to support the existence or functionality of vimanas.

3. Have there been any experiments conducted to test the capabilities of ancient technology?

There have been some experiments conducted to try and recreate ancient technology, such as the creation of ancient alloys or the construction of structures using ancient techniques. However, there is no evidence of any successful experiments with flying vimanas.

4. Are there any modern technologies that are based on ancient technology?

There are some modern technologies that have been inspired by ancient techniques, such as the use of aqueducts in modern water systems or the use of herbs and natural remedies in medicine. However, there is no evidence that ancient technology directly influenced modern inventions.

5. What is the role of mythology in ancient technology?

Many ancient texts and artifacts contain stories and depictions of advanced technology, but it is important to remember that these stories may have been exaggerated or symbolic in nature. While mythology can offer insights into ancient beliefs and culture, it should not be taken as scientific evidence for the existence of advanced technology.