Revolutionizing AND and OR Gates: Constructing Logic Gates with Light

In summary, the conversation is about finding a revolutionary way to construct AND and OR gates using light rather than transistors. The person asking for help is interested in knowing if any such replacements for transistors already exist and is willing to do further research on the topic. The conversation ends with a suggestion to start a new thread and ask specific questions after doing some reading.
fredreload
So, this is the old way in how AND and OR gates are constructed based on transistors, I want a revolutionary way that AND and OR gates can be constructed based on light without anything software like if and else statements. Thanks fellow engineers

Engineering news on Phys.org
Good for you. Does that mean you're going to invent it? What research have you done on what exists?

Right, well if you can give me a lead on what have existed as a replacement for transistor that'll be cool :D

P.S. Sure I'll take time to think about it = =

anorlunda said:
Good for you. Does that mean you're going to invent it? What research have you done on what exists?

I don't think that it's possible to invent anything today without expensive labs and equipment. What Tesla did around 1900s is not possible today. I mean, inventing things with wire and ton of electricity.

fredreload said:
Right, well if you can give me a lead on what have existed as a replacement for transistor that'll be cool :D

P.S. Sure I'll take time to think about it = =
Good. After you've thought about it and dome some reading, you can start a new thread and ask specific questions about things in the reading that you didn't understand. This thread here where you have shown zero effort so far is closed.

1. What are AND and OR gates and how are they used in construction?

AND and OR gates are logic gates used in digital electronics to process and manipulate binary data. They are used in construction to control the flow of electricity and make decisions based on the input signals.

2. What is the difference between an AND and OR gate?

The main difference between an AND and OR gate is their logic operations. AND gates output a HIGH signal only when both of its input signals are HIGH, while OR gates output a HIGH signal if any of its input signals are HIGH.

3. How are AND and OR gates constructed?

AND and OR gates are typically constructed using transistors and diodes. These components are connected in a specific way to create the desired logic operation. The construction process may vary depending on the type and complexity of the gate.

4. Can AND and OR gates be combined?

Yes, AND and OR gates can be combined to create more complex logic operations. This is called a combination circuit and it allows for more sophisticated decision-making and data processing.

5. What are some practical applications of AND and OR gates in construction?

AND and OR gates are commonly used in construction for various purposes such as controlling lighting systems, security systems, and motor control. They are also used in electronic devices such as computers, calculators, and smartphones.