Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

AND and OR gates construction

1. Feb 28, 2016 #1
    So, this is the old way in how AND and OR gates are constructed based on transistors, I want a revolutionary way that AND and OR gates can be constructed based on light without anything software like if and else statements. Thanks fellow engineers

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2016 #2

anorlunda

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good for you. Does that mean you're going to invent it? What research have you done on what exists?

4. Feb 28, 2016 #3
    Right, well if you can give me a lead on what have existed as a replacement for transistor that'll be cool :D

P.S. Sure I'll take time to think about it = =

5. Feb 28, 2016 #4
    I don't think that it's possible to invent anything today without expensive labs and equipment. What Tesla did around 1900s is not possible today. I mean, inventing things with wire and ton of electricity.

6. Feb 28, 2016 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Good. After you've thought about it and dome some reading, you can start a new thread and ask specific questions about things in the reading that you didn't understand. This thread here where you have shown zero effort so far is closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook