And another one bites the dust

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dust
In summary, the shows "Mysteries at the Museum", "Mysteries at the Castle", and "Mysteries at the National Parks" are all about exploring history with stories involving ghosts, UFOs, and Nazi conspiracies.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Mysteries at the museum, on the Travel Channel started out discussing the history of items at museums. It was interesting and supposedly factual. Last year they added "Mysteries at the Castle" which had interesting stories/myths about old castles.

Ok, now they added "Mysteries at the National Parks", sounds innocent enough, interesting, so what are the shows about? CONSPIRACY THEORIES, GHOSTS and UFOS.

Why not?

Tonight
Mysteries at the National Parks
Nazi Ufo's9:00 PM on TRAVEL 72, 30 min 2015 TV-PG
In the series premiere, Montana's Glacier National Park is explored for evidence of a secret underground Nazi base that some suspect was the final hideout for Adolf Hitler. Also: UFO sighting reports.

and

Mysteries at the National Parks
Haunted Battleground9:30 PM on TRAVEL 72, 30 min 2015 TV-PG
Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania is investigated for evidence of ghosts, a secret government time travel experiment, and Native American battles.

Well, no good show will last long.

Likes lisab and phinds
Physics news on Phys.org
Only got so many ideas. Once the ideas run out they go for a cash grab and get out.

Likes phinds and Evo
Greg Bernhardt said:
Only got so many ideas. Once the ideas run out they go for a cash grab and get out.
So sad, surely there was more true history to tell. :frown:

Evo said:
So sad, surely there was more true history to tell. :frown:
Yes, but they are not interested in telling history, they're interested in making a buck and the audience for actual history is clearly WAY lower than that for trash stuff like "reality TV" and total nonsense like "Ancient Aliens".

I've seen various reports (no citations and I can't vouch for their accuracy but they seem depressingly likely) that something like 40% of the people in America believe in angels and/or ghosts, and/or aliens, and in most cases all three.

Likes Evo
Evo said:
Ok, now they added "Mysteries at the National Parks", sounds innocent enough, interesting, so what are the shows about? CONSPIRACY THEORIES, GHOSTS and UFOS.
I'm watching it now. Horrible.

It really sucks because there are probably tons of good national park stories that are rooted in reality.

Likes Evo
I bet, a 100G budget, lots of scenes in the dark, eyewitness reports from actors playing real people, and some eerie music and lights.
And to top it off, some fact filled commentary, or so they say.

If I recall, there is a site where you can watch paint dry ( and if there isn't, there should be ) for those who want more intelectual stimulation.

Ah ha
found the Official site
Still in working condition with fun for all.
http://www.pattiann.com/webcam/paint.html

Likes Evo
What kind of people would rather listen to that garbage than actually being educated with stuff that actually happened?
But I guess the difference is that the majority of people who watch TV the most probably aren't the type to watch the movie "Lincoln", they're the type to watch "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."

Likes Evo
leroyjenkens said:
What kind of people would rather listen to that garbage than actually being educated with stuff that actually happened?
Most people, sadly

Likes Evo
:sorry:
leroyjenkens said:
they're the type to watch "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."
:blushing:
I have to admit I saw that movie and got a kick out of it :biggrin: - the wild imagination was intriguing.

Those others though give me the :sleep:after I :headbang:and go :oldruck:.

The thing is, Mysteries at the Museum, Castle, Monuments, isn't history. You don't particularly learn any history from the stories. They're trivia, footnotes, and the main appeal of the show(s) is their sensational nature. You have ax murders, missing treasure, hoaxes, bold thefts, swindles, and high adventure. It's pretty low brow stuff. Regardless, it's at least stuff that really happened, and the fact it really happened sustains your interest. This National Parks thing is pure bunk from start to finish.

"Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."

That was a damn good movie.

I used to go ghost hunting just for fun but never saw any people said i scared them away:eek:

I have heard of the expression "jumping the shark". What is sad is that from time-to-time you get these excellent shows,
which get your hopes up, only to see such garbage afterwards.

WWGD said:
I have heard of the expression "jumping the shark". What is sad is that from time-to-time you get these excellent shows,
which get your hopes up, only to see such garbage afterwards.
I'd never heard that expression. I had to look it up. Too true.

I don't like soap opera, or movies with too many episodes, of which I tend to watch only the first few minutes and a few last ones then guess what happened the middle. So I can always enjoy the happy ends.

leroyjenkens said:
<Snip> aren't the type to watch the movie "Lincoln", they're the type to watch "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter."
From Outer Space.

1. What is the meaning behind the phrase "And another one bites the dust"?

The phrase "And another one bites the dust" is a metaphor for someone or something being defeated or falling apart. It can also refer to a person or thing dying or being killed.

2. Where did the phrase "And another one bites the dust" originate from?

The phrase "And another one bites the dust" became popularized by the hit song of the same name by the band Queen, released in 1980. However, the saying has been around since the early 1900s and has been used in various contexts, including sports and war.

3. What is the cultural significance of the phrase "And another one bites the dust"?

The phrase "And another one bites the dust" has become a popular idiom and is often used in everyday language to signify a defeat or failure. It has also been referenced in popular culture, such as in movies, TV shows, and other songs.

4. Can the phrase "And another one bites the dust" be interpreted in a positive way?

While the phrase is often associated with negative connotations, it can also be interpreted in a positive light. In some cases, it can mean letting go of something or someone toxic or harmful, leading to a new beginning or a fresh start.

5. How has the meaning of the phrase "And another one bites the dust" changed over time?

Initially, the phrase was used to describe a physical action of someone falling or dying. Over time, it has evolved to be used in a metaphorical sense, representing various forms of defeat or failure. It has also gained a more positive connotation in some contexts.

Back