Solve "And God Said" Equation on Postcard | D

• Thread starter Redmonkiee
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around a postcard with a long equation on it that the sender is unable to make out due to poor quality. They are requesting a link or written version of the equation. Another person responds, stating that the equation is not long or amusing and that it is usual to see Maxwell's equations on a t-shirt. They provide a link to the Wikipedia page for Maxwell's equations and mention the connection to light.
Redmonkiee
And God said ... ?

Hello,

I was sent this e-mail of a really interesting postcard that has this really long equation on. However, the quality of the postcard is terrible and I cannot make out most of it, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a link, or has the equation written down that they could send/link to.

The picture is attached.

Thank you in advance to any helper.

-D-

Attachments

• and there was light.PDF
    929.7 KB · Views: 273
Physics news on Phys.org
That's not a really long equation. It just a random collection of equations.

And it's not even funny.
The usuall t-shirt has maxwell's equations
(I'm not even going to start trying to get the html right -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell's_equations)
and "then there was light.."

Since maxwell's 4 equations describe all of electromagnetism - which includes light

1. How do I solve the "And God Said" equation on a postcard?

The "And God Said" equation on a postcard is a mathematical puzzle that requires you to find the numerical value of each letter (A, N, D, G, O, S, E, I) in order to make a valid equation. To solve it, you will need to use algebraic principles such as substitution and solving for variables.

2. What is the significance of the "And God Said" equation on a postcard?

The "And God Said" equation on a postcard is a popular puzzle that has been circulating online for many years. Its significance lies in the fact that it challenges our problem-solving skills and allows us to think creatively. It also serves as a reminder of the power of language and the importance of communication.

3. Can the "And God Said" equation on a postcard have multiple solutions?

Yes, the "And God Said" equation on a postcard can have multiple solutions. In fact, there are many different combinations of numbers that can be assigned to the letters to make a valid equation. However, there is typically one solution that is considered the "correct" one.

4. Is there a specific method for solving the "And God Said" equation on a postcard?

While there is no one specific method for solving the "And God Said" equation on a postcard, there are a few helpful tips that can make the process easier. These include looking for patterns and clues within the equation, using substitution to simplify the equation, and checking your work to ensure that all variables have been correctly solved for.

5. Are there any variations of the "And God Said" equation on a postcard?

Yes, there are many variations of the "And God Said" equation on a postcard. Some may use different letters or numbers, while others may have different instructions or rules for solving. However, the basic concept remains the same - to find the values of the letters in order to make a valid equation.