The mathematical pedagogy to which you refer is aimed at teaching a broad canvas of essentials. This is good if someone has decided what those are on your behalf.
Sometimes, though, if you need to just learn something, say to understand a paper or a particular result, you need to find out what you need to learn, and this is perhaps a case in point.
To learn basic graduate level algebraic and analytic number theory would be a few years, from scratch. And then you find out that you spent too long on cubic reciprocity when you needed to learn more about L functions and modular forms..
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving