Android Calculator App - Best Plotting & Computing Functions

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a good calculator app for an Android phone, with a preference for one with plotting and computing functions, as well as the ability to store physical constants. Suggestions include searching for "RealCalc scientific calculator" in the Android store and using the Wolfram Alpha app. One person also recommends Droid48, which emulates an HP48 scientific calculator, and another suggests Maxima as a potential option.
dipole
So I just got a new android phone, and naturally I'd like to download a good calculator for it. Preferably one with good plotting functions as well as plenty of computing functions (and preferably one which can store physical constants!). Any suggestions? :)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Search the Android store for "RealCalc scientific calculator". Also, in case you aren't already aware, there's a Wolfram Alpha app available.

Likes 1 person
I'm a bit biased since I use physical HP calculators.

kTdug8xLsTP3vIonV3skoYdoIIuP_3Sfo1G1-ShvnI3eRjL9t89bmem9HjuytEf5v-A=w300.jpg

But my Android calculator app is Droid48 which emulates a HP48 scientific calculator.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ab.x48&hl=en

iEnr9nL_mG3Ak1mvTvLRyDdQ-jyN6KkWK0zrHjpzbgQjbrOQ8yNYiD6Snk7_IvdIMUUz=h310.jpg

-kAXMtNG9fCMyY7-pF-aWbGbpxWQwyJjhYuitDqjPF0u3uFNmNoaQ-07v21Eh3JVkpg=h310.jpg

Likes 1 person
I'm not sure about the physical constants, but maybe Maxima would be a good option.

I would recommend doing some research and comparing different calculator apps before making a decision. Look for apps that have been developed or endorsed by reputable scientific organizations or institutions. It would also be helpful to read reviews and ratings from other users who have used the app for scientific purposes.

In terms of plotting functions, make sure the app has the capability to plot various types of graphs such as linear, logarithmic, and exponential functions. It would also be beneficial to have the ability to customize the graph axes and labels.

For computing functions, look for apps that offer a wide range of mathematical operations, including trigonometry, calculus, and statistics. Additionally, check if the app has the option to store and access physical constants, as this can be a useful tool for scientific calculations.

Overall, it's important to choose a calculator app that meets your specific needs and has reliable and accurate functions. Don't be afraid to try out different apps and see which one works best for you.

1. How accurate is the plotting function in the Android Calculator App?

The plotting function in the Android Calculator App is highly accurate, as it uses advanced algorithms and mathematical equations to plot points and create graphs. It can handle complex functions and provides precise results.

2. Can I use the Android Calculator App for scientific calculations?

Yes, the Android Calculator App has a range of computing functions that are suitable for scientific calculations. It can handle advanced mathematical operations, including trigonometric functions, logarithms, and more.

3. Is the Android Calculator App user-friendly?

Yes, the Android Calculator App is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. It has a clean and simple interface, making it accessible for users of all levels of expertise.

4. Does the Android Calculator App have a history feature?

Yes, the Android Calculator App has a history feature that allows you to view and edit previous calculations. This feature is helpful for reviewing your work and making corrections if needed.

5. Can I customize the layout of the Android Calculator App?

Yes, the Android Calculator App allows for customization of the layout, such as changing the color scheme and rearranging the buttons for ease of use. You can also choose from different themes to personalize your experience.