Android vs IOS: Debunking the Debate

• Thread starter thejosh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Android
In summary, the conversation discusses the ongoing debate between Android and iOS. The main points mentioned are that Android is more affordable and customizable, while iOS is perceived as a simpler and more expensive option. The value and tradeoffs of each system are also mentioned, with the conclusion that personal preference and individual needs should be the deciding factors in choosing a phone. The conversation also touches on the availability and variety of options for Android devices, as well as the potential for data security issues on both platforms.
Computer science news on Phys.org
All these articles/forum entries are opinion pieces, and none of them make the claim you made.

Likes WWGD
thejosh said:
I did not see any evidence presented towards showing/arguing iphones are better; only that they are status symbols, and, from what I read, only because most people cannot afford them.

"The thing is Apple products are not always sold for what they are any more, but more for what they represent."
"To be honest, I’m still kind of baffled this is even up for discussion. Every study we see suggests that this is pretty self-evident. We have studies showing that Android users tend to live in less affluent areas than iPhone owners, as demonstrated by analyzing 3 billion geo-tagged tweets and locating them on a map."
From the second last link.
"The same can be said for a lot of car models, such as the Escalade SUV. There are a ton of SUVs on the road that look exactly like it, but yet people choose to buy that car for its name and the status it projects to others."
From the last link.
They're not opinion pieces they're analytical articles based on the topic at hand.
The fact that they are numerous should tell you that they are probably very accurate, if you're looking for evidence the second last one has many links to those but I can assure you that apple will not expose their customers by conveying a survey to prove that they're gold diggers.
Regardless of that fact I included many links to prove the theory was never just "made up" but is actually publicly widespread knowledge.
I am sorry I was not aware I had to prove this particular statement-my apologies:cry:

WWGD said:
only that they are status symbols
WWGD said:
only because most people cannot afford them.

Do you realize you've just proved my point in a rebuke.:rolleyes:

@WWGD
My point WAS that most people buy them as a wealth status point and this was against iphone being better.:smile:

As the topic seems to be mainly a matter of taste I'll leave it with that.
Thread remains closed.

Likes thejosh