Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Anger Management

1. Apr 15, 2006 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

Ah I really need to break a glass or something like that to feel better but I'm afraid someone might step on it and get hurt!:devil: :grumpy:
    what else can I do to feel calm and relax again?:mad: :grumpy:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2006 #2
    You can shut your door ,,increase the volume of some audio and yell,scream ,pour out whatever you have in mind...Go mad,,Dance,,whatever you can think of!

by the way
    there is a movie which goes exactly by that name...you can watch that!

4. Apr 15, 2006 #3

Lisa!

Gold Member

It's night here and most of people are asleep.(too soon but they did anyway) GOD! I'm just thinking of what happens if I do any of that. I think all neighbours wake up in panic and surprise to see what the hell has happened to me.
    Unfortunately I even can't find anyone around to shout at(yeah sometimes I tell them I need to shout at you otherwise I got mad...)I even can't sit while I'm typing this post...:grumpy:

Damn

5. Apr 15, 2006 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Meditate - empty the mind of all thought.

6. Apr 15, 2006 #5

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Go pinch one of the sleepers' nose.
    His reaction will relieve your present anger.

7. Apr 15, 2006 #6

cronxeh

Gold Member

go to gym and work out, phatty :tongue2:

you'll be too tired to be angry

8. Apr 15, 2006 #7

Evo

Come one Lisa!, I'm about to go hiking up on the cliff where the mountain lions hang out. Let's go. :smile:

9. Apr 15, 2006 #8

Astronuc

10. Apr 15, 2006 #9

cronxeh

Gold Member

hey Evo if you see medics intubating a patient on a hill with coyotes and bears chasing them on skateboards, take a few pics for me mmmk :tongue:

11. Apr 16, 2006 #10
    I have a fowl temper especially in the winter, I find ranting about my feelings about anything a good release, particulalry though in my case, I'm not angry about anything so that might not work. But by far in a way the best way to vent anger would be to throw yourself at nature like Evo recommended. Walk up a mountain then walk down a hill.

12. Apr 16, 2006 #11
    My temper is a bit unstable as well. I just listen to music or take a nap and it goes away for the most part.

Only time it stays is if it's relationship related or if it has to do with doing horrible on a midterm or something (basically academically related stuff). Relaxing music helps me a lot though.

13. Apr 16, 2006 #12

Lisa!

Gold Member

Oh dear!:redface: I'm really ashmed of myself because of this thread. You know I tend to be very irretible when I've not got enough sleep or am very tired.
    Sorry for the rant anyway...:blushing:

That's exactly what I need!:!!)

14. Apr 16, 2006 #13

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Reading about people being angry makes me angry. RAARG! :grumpy:

15. Apr 17, 2006 #14
    I'm black belt in taekwondo. Most of the anger that can hit u comes through listning to what others have said. In martial arts we have two types of fighting strategies. One is called linear other is circular. In analogy with circular technique u can use your ears to first listen what other person has said.....analyze it without delay... and then u utilize your posture and thinking to loop that anger back to its producer, without let him know....u can check it out, it is very lethal weapon.

It requires practice and experience to use this technique.

16. Apr 17, 2006 #15

Lisa!

Gold Member

Of course nobody dares make you angry...:uhh:

17. Apr 24, 2006 #16
    who dares wins

18. Apr 24, 2006 #17
    seven dears are together but when times come they leave 'each' other

19. Apr 24, 2006 #18

Aether

Gold Member

For each of you who feel angry too much, stop and think: do you drink too much caffeine (e.g., coffee, tea, Coke/Pepsi), or perhaps get too much sugar (e.g., milkshakes, candy, etc.)? This could be affecting your mood without your knowledge.

20. Apr 27, 2006 #19

Lisa!

Gold Member

You mean if I dare I can win even against you?:uhh::smile:

Eh I just drink 4 or 5 cup of tea during the day.o:) That's not alot, is it?

21. Apr 27, 2006 #20

Aether

Gold Member

Yes, that's a lot. You might try going without tea (at least the kind with caffeine) for a few days and see if it makes a difference.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?